Monday, May 21, 2012

Blue Skies

The colours of spring seem so brilliant in contrast to blue skies.  I love the brilliant green of the first leaves on the trees.  I actually saw a couple of dandelions yesterday and that brilliant colour will be welcome as well. The Farmer just started seeding canola yesterday and I planted some pots on the deck yesterday.  Although the forecast was for plus 9 overnight I covered up my pots with towels overnight.  A couple of days from now lows of plus 2 and plus 4 are predicted so I want to get in the habit of covering things up...just in case.  We've planted our peas, potatoes and corn so we're hoping things don't pop out of the soil until the risk of frost is past.  But one thing is certain - Spring is really truly finally here and it's very welcome I must say.  Have a wonderful week - wherever you are!



11 comments:

  1. Very pretty countryside there with the white white birch...are they birch? So glad that the leaves are popping and the flowers (dandelions are flowers) are popping up. I don't dare do any planting until after next weekend, but then I think the danger will be past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring may have been here in Italy awhile but it is still not as warm as normal and not much in the way of blue skies today either. I like your collages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad spring has arrived for you. Enjoy your week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Victoria Day weekend 1986, and how it snowed in Cold Lake, wiping out all my annuals. I was too fast in planting them that year! I hope all your plants survive and that you'll soon have double digit temperatures every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad spring has finally decided to pay you a visit. Your photos are lovely - and your new header perfectly fits the season.
    I planted a few things this weekend, but have my tomatoes under cover. It's been cool and drizzly for the holiday, but we're enjoying the break nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mosaics and photos are beautiful. I love the fresh greens of spring. We had 4 'summer' days in a row here with temperatures in the mid to high 20's and lots of sunshine. It was a really nice surprise for the long weekend. I haven't purchased my annuals yet but it won't be long before I do. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I notice the lack of colour in my garden I think ahh well, it is colourful somewhere else. For now, I'll have wait till next spring but meantime I can see the sights that blogland brings to me. That's a lovely mosaic, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those shot with the blue skies in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your header photo with the rainbow! The spring greens are beautiful against the very blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila, Thank you so much for your comments. I love them. I have had a tough time this season with the blog and I really appreciate your comments and visits.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila, so glad you stopped by! Those yellow flowers aren't so welcome here. All the digging and spraying just to try to keep them out of the yard but I see some nearby who haven't put in the same effort, so the job continues.... But, that's only a small negative in an otherwise glorious season! Leaves here are out in full, grass needs a third cutting, and my perennials are coming out. I hear there is still a chance of frost in the southern part of the province over the next couple nights. Good thing you are in practice.

    Happy gardening to you and farmer.

    ReplyDelete