Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Glimpse of Summer

These past two months have not been typical for us but we have appreciated the comforts of home and will enjoy the wonderful fall days ahead.  We have been here and there but not to the city.  We've taken lots of drives and have enjoyed the visitors that have stopped by through the summer.  It has passed by slowly but the moments of peaceful country living have been appreciated more than ever.  These four notecards are a glimpse of summer in our corner of the world.




If you are so inclined be sure to stop by Vee's Note Card Party to see some lovely notecards.  It's a great summer excursion!

18 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful notecards Sheila. Thanks for visiting. It was fun to see Whistler in the summer. We've never been there before but saw it during the Olympics. It is very pretty in the summer and much warmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, all of your peaceful country living would make lovely notecards,Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shiela, I like your technique of superimposing your photo over another. Makes a great frame. Your photography is very good. Thanks for coming by and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, these make wonderful note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got such a beautiful close up of the sunflower..I love the angle! We've had a quiet summer, too and it's been nice for a change. Enjoy your week my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila~

    I really like the way that you framed your photos within the same photo...??? I could be wrong. Whatever you did, looks great and would make some beautiful cards. That stand of birch is my favorite.

    Sounds as if you have had a quiet and restful summer, which I am sure that your husband has appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, Sheila. Glad you have been able to enjoy peaceful country living!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely photos, Sheila. I like the way you superimposed one photo onto another. Very nice effect.
    Our summer has been a little different, too, for different reasons than yours. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the quieter season - sometimes that's what we need.
    Yes, we did see several bears - 3 from the car windows and one big black one about 100 feet away as we rounded a corner on a trail. We stopped, stared at each other for a few moments, then we slowly backed away. He followed us for a bit, curious, but soon lost interest. My heart was really pounding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've "framed" these! What a unique and beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photo within a photo makes for an interesting note card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sheila

    I like your unique framed photos of your lovely summer days. They would all make beautiful note cards. We're enjoyed our first summer in Colorado but I feel it is passing too quickly! I already saw leaves turning yellow and falling from our trees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning - I love the way you used another photo for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they are all so pretty to look at. I like the birch trees shot the best. I have been noticing some leaves on the ground already. And it is definitely cooler at night for sleeping. Got the wool blanket back on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your notecards...so creatively framed...and the birch trees in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely. I really like that framing within another image. Nice compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your corner of the world is certainly beautiful, as illustrated by the lovely photos. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad to hear you made it though the summer and had time for some pleasant drives. And your bionic man is healed, helped along by your good care. Nancy

    ReplyDelete