Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St Patrick's Day Greetings

Top of the Evening to you!  I felt I couldn't let this day pass by without wishing the luck of the Irish to you.  I've only been to Ireland once but remember it so well.  it was 11 years ago in  the spring when my daughter and I landed in Shannon.  Here are a few pictures in no particular order....
We found our family crest in the airport gift store before boarding the local bus to Adare which is known as the prettiest little village in Ireland.
Thatched cottages that are still in use as family homes and stores line the main street.  We enjoyed talking to the locals and hearing Gaelic being spoken.  We stayed 3 nights in a lovely home and caught the bus to Killarney where we went on a horse cart ride to Ross Castle and through Killarney National Park.
Another day we wandered through historical Folk Park near Bunratty Castle and later enjoyed a Medieval night of feasting and music in the castle.  It was a perfect place to be introduced to the friendly Irish people and to the lovely countryside.   We went to Limerick one day and then crossed Ireland by bus.  I'll save our Dublin experiences for another time but in the meantime would like to say,
"For each petal on the Shamrock,
This brings a wish your way-
Good health, good luck and happiness
For today and every day!"
Happy St Patrick's Day!

8 comments:

  1. It does look like a pretty village. Nice you have those memories of Ireland from a visit with your daughter. We would love to go some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos of your trip to Ireland. It looks so pretty and also quaint. I'm sure it was a delightful visit and I hope you get to return some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a quaint pretty town. Thanks for sharing your trip to Ireland. It is on my bucket list to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireland sounds like a lovely place to visit. I've never been, but my husband's family is from Ireland several generations back. Thanks for sharing your visit to that green island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sheila
    I'm so interested reading about your trip to Ireland!
    We are going there in June for a week before we travel on to France.
    My dear father was born in Limerick so it will be a nostalgic trip in many ways for me!
    I'll have to try and see Adare, it sounds lovely. We have a couple of days in Dublin to recover from our 30 hour flight from New Zealand via Dubai!
    Thank you for popping in to say hello - lovely to meet up again!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...that looks just like my expectations of a trip to Ireland. I'd be going to Tipperary if memory serves looking for some long-lost relatives. Say, you and your daughter go on trips quite often. Are you planning anything for this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ireland, Sheila. I've visited it four times and I know I'll go back agaon someday. I still want to explore the wilds of Donegal, where I belive my Irish ancestors came from

    ReplyDelete