Although we took a two hour drive to the city, last week I was disappointed not to find flats of pansies at Costco. I've really had luck planting them early in the past. Our local nurseries generally have bedding plants for sale in about mid May so we will have to wait awhile. But anticipation is in the air and Spring is definitely coming. The frogs are croaking in the pond, our favourite pair of Canada Geese has been stopping by for the past few days just to honk hello and eat some spilled grain.
At sunrise I looked out to see a moose laying down behind our house and soaking up the sun. He rested for about an hour before standing up and giving himself a shake as he loped with giant steps into the forest. The farmer reported there were two big moose in our canal as he drove by yesterday.
Here are some views of the way things will be in our corner of the world before too long.
I am linking this post to Mosaic Monday at Judith's Lavender Cottage.
If you have time do stop by to see some interesting blogs.
Happy Spring wherever you are!




Pretty flowers! I love to hear the sounds of the frogs.. I would be thrilled to see a moose in my yard, lucky you! Great post, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteHello Sheila
ReplyDeleteYour header photo with the ducks is lovely!
I can imagine how exciting Spring must be when you have had months of snow on the ground.
It's not long to wait for the bedding plants to arrive at your local nursery, with the weather getting warmer they will flower in no time!
What sights you see the moose enjoying a rest before going on his way and your friendly geese popping by to say hello.
We saw the most beautiful documentary about the migration of geese - they are amazing birds!
Life is good - enjoy it!
Hugs
Shane
I came back to see your geese and moose.. great sightings..
ReplyDeleteHappy Spring Sheila! We get excited with deer sightings, a moose must be exciting to see. We had lovely warm weather all last week and now we're in for about 5 days of rain which is perfect timing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.
The geese sure are fun to see and I can't imagine seeing a moose in a field! WOW! Enjoy your week! Nice to catch up with you my friend. Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteNice series of images to view. Love the colorful array of new blooms, the greenery, moose and geese.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful spring photos. Exciting to see a moose so near too. I like your new header photo. I'm glad you're having an early spring there. Our snow is melting very fast lately and we are almost snow free in the yard in less than 2 weeks. Incredible! Take care. Pam
ReplyDeleteI also like to buy flowers at Costco! We had pansies at our local Costco but maybe they sold out at yours? I also bought beautiful large geraniums there. I can't polant as yet--we can have frost and snow till the end of May! I keep them in my garage and take them out during the warmer daytime hours to get sun.
ReplyDeleteSeeing the moose in your property was fun! I know i is best to observe them from a distance as they are powerful and can be cranky.
Hope you get the rain you need soon, Shelia!
Your sister's flowers are gorgeous and I like your mosaic of them. It's gotten cold again here but it's time to plant the garden; I don't think we'll have another frost, but you never know!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to have spring be early for you! You folks deserve it weeks early. It was pretty late here, but is coming on strong. The local hardware store will have pansies on Thursday and I will be picking up some. The world needs a bit of color. Speaking of color, your sister's deck looks beautiful, but then spring arrived on Vancouver Island some time ago. Happy spring clean-up! Pace yourselves...
ReplyDeleteAn early spring is a wonderful thing. I'm glad you are seeing such strong signs of it. Enjoy your spring clean-up.
ReplyDeleteWe've had lovely weather for a few days, but the clouds rolled in this afternoon and it's chilly and a bit drizzly out.
Here in Normandy our visitors so far this spring have been the house martins returning from Africa, a stray pheasant (?) and bats returning to the attic over the garage. I think your Canada geese and Moose sound way more interesting!
ReplyDeleteSo happy your spring cam early this year.
Glad to see spring has arrived for you. Wonderful to see the moose!
ReplyDeleteYou sound so happy in anticipation of spring bursting upon you. I had to smile when you said it was 17°C as if that was so warm. That is our cold winter temperature when we all put on long pants and sweaters. I love the autumn weather we are having cool mornings about 18° and then it climbs to 26° just perfect.
ReplyDelete