The farmer has retired and so the possibility of travel during the summer resulted in a road trip to my hometown. It was wonderful to spend time with our friends and family and oh so nice to spend some time with my old school friends ...amazing to think that half a century ago the second chapter of our lives was just beginning.
You can just imagine the smiles, hugs, and stories that were exchanged that afternoon. Seeing each other made me think that although some of us hadn't seen each other since the last day of high school or perhaps sometime in university, we all seemed to be the same as we were back then. We chose different paths in life, experienced different things and now have families but everyone loved being together once again. Our school is much different than when we walked through the hallways but the central section is almost as it was and it was wonderful to see once more.
This photo of St Ann's Academy was taken in winter. I should have taken one at the reunion but there just wasn't time. We had too much catching up to do!
Hope you are having a wonderful summer.
These days our family is getting ready for a trip to Italy. We are going to Rome and Tuscany.
I'll tell you more about it next time we meet at
http://www.lavendercottagegardening.com/
for Mosaic Monday.


Beautiful school. Is this in Victoria? Next time I am in Victoria, I will be sure to take a stroll through the Empress Hotel. There was not much time, such a short visit. Glad to hear you had a good time at the reunion.
ReplyDeleteYes if you walk from the Legislative grounds past the right side of The Empress, and then a block further it is right across the street.
DeleteGreat to see you back blogging Sheila. What a beautiful school that is! They don't build them like that anymore do they. I'm glad you had a great vacation and reunion. Enjoy your retirement years! I've been busy too and haven't visited much this summer. One week I'm caught up and the next behind again. :) Take care. Pam
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to your reunion and had a good time. St. Ann's is a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteI would love to do something like that. My high school class was something like 1300 and I don't even know if they have reunions. Your school is so pretty. And congratulations to the farmer on his retirement.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had the time of your life Sheila!!! I've been to a couple of school reunions too and had fun catching up and reminiscing.
ReplyDeleteYour school looks a bit like my boarding school in Wellington, Convent of the Sacred Heart dun by a french order of nuns - and they were so strict.
Maybe that's where my love of France came from, ha ha!
Great to see you back blogging again.
Hugs
Shane
How wonderful to get to go to your reunion! What a beautiful school. And a trip to Italy? I'm green with envy! Sweet hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteReunions are such fun for catching up...and trying to recognize people!
ReplyDeleteGlad your summer has been good, happy retirement to your hubby and enjoy Italy.
Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Sheila.
A beautiful school! So nice that you could return for the reunion. Did you happen to meet up with any bloggers while you were there? :) A trip to Italy? That is wonderful! Looking forward to hearing all about it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by My Front Porch, Sheila. Yes, I still make a photobook from each trip. Once the photos have all been edited and blogged...it is not too big a project. I'm not sure anyone else will ever be interested...but we enjoy the memories!