This long weekend is a Civic holiday across Canada. In Alberta we celebrate Heritage Day. It's called other names in other parts of Canada but it's a family favorite and many Canadians head to the lake or to the ocean to let the children experience the delights of the sand and water. From a vantage point above we enjoyed watching this young family. The children were all wearing life jackets and they were having so much fun. The parents were enjoying the lake as well and possibly thinking ahead to the future. The mom waved up at the deck as we were eating lunch. I decided to take some anonymous pictures. Hopefully they won't mind if they see these pictures taken from a distance. Hope your weekend is relaxing and fun wherever you are.
Perhaps we'll find some other summer activities posted at Mary's Little Red House tomorrow.
I love the black and white one. For a minute there I thought that was a long ago photo and you were taking the same picture now in the present. Made me stop and think on a quiet Sunday...lol.
ReplyDeleteLovely! Summer and vacation and families ... perfect!
ReplyDeleteNothing nicer then a long weekend at the lake. Have wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteBrings back warm and happy memories of time spent at "the lake." Looks like a sweet family.
ReplyDeleteLooks like they are having a great time! Super photo's, enjoyed your post!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy watching the young families enjoy our long weekends Sheila.....I remember doing these same things many years ago......:-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteWow, this is the place where I'd like to be these hot summer days. Spending time with one's family at a beach is a perfect way to spend a holiday.
ReplyDeleteWhen I see young families having fun it makes me long for my grandchildren - I'm going to see them soon!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that what summer is all about...kids having fun in the water. Lovely family.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos! They look so happy and it was smart to have the children wear life vests.
ReplyDelete