Early one morning I checked my blog and saw a note from Vee at A Haven For Vee, asking me to visit her that morning. I was delighted when I saw her pictures which told the story of her giveaway winner...lucky me!!! I really was thrilled to know that soon I'd be the owner of a gently used Mennonite Girls Can Cook book. There's a reason why she was passing it along. Before the cookbook was published Vee commented that the Mennonite Girls could really cook or similar words to that effect. Her comment was the inspiration for the book title. Once it was published Vee ordered a cookbook and they honored her by sending her an autographed copy so she decided to pass her first copy along. When I picked up the parcel at our country post office earlier this week, I was so excited to see the cookbook that I opened it right then and there. The young woman who was working there wasn't busy and was delighted to listen to my story. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the book out to find the cookbook wrapped in cloth and tied in a bow. Vee was so thoughtful that she included a beautifully made reversible apron with a row of pockets all along the bottom front. I tried it on in the Post Office. Here's the first recipe I intend to make.
Friday, July 29, 2011
Thank You Vee!
Early one morning I checked my blog and saw a note from Vee at A Haven For Vee, asking me to visit her that morning. I was delighted when I saw her pictures which told the story of her giveaway winner...lucky me!!! I really was thrilled to know that soon I'd be the owner of a gently used Mennonite Girls Can Cook book. There's a reason why she was passing it along. Before the cookbook was published Vee commented that the Mennonite Girls could really cook or similar words to that effect. Her comment was the inspiration for the book title. Once it was published Vee ordered a cookbook and they honored her by sending her an autographed copy so she decided to pass her first copy along. When I picked up the parcel at our country post office earlier this week, I was so excited to see the cookbook that I opened it right then and there. The young woman who was working there wasn't busy and was delighted to listen to my story. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the book out to find the cookbook wrapped in cloth and tied in a bow. Vee was so thoughtful that she included a beautifully made reversible apron with a row of pockets all along the bottom front. I tried it on in the Post Office. Here's the first recipe I intend to make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The book is good reading - and good cooking! Lucky you to have won a copy. You're sure to enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI saw this on another blog and I made the pancakes with lemon sauce. They were delicious...and I'm not a cook.
ReplyDeleteOh how sweet of you. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I love how you opened the package right at the post office. That sounds like country living at its best. I hope that everyone who can will order one of these books...they obviously make great gifts... Each and every cent of profit goes toward feeding hungry children in the Ukraine. An amazing and worthy cause!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day, Sheila, I hope that things are quieting a bit on the farm!
I'm stopping by via Vee's blog. Congratulations to you on winning this wonderful cookbook. How fun to have the surprise apron included. I'm sure you will have many happy moments in your kitchen while wearing the apron and cooking and baking from the cookbook. The butterhorns do look delicious and your memories associated with them are sweet.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to mention how much I enjoyed your inspirational quote at the top of your blog. That is so true.
I am SO happy for you, too! Vee is one of my best blog buds and I was so happy that you won her givewaway! I know you'll enjoy the cookbook and the apron is precious! Of course I am a big fan of the Mennonite girls, too! ♥ Happy cooking this weekend! ♥
ReplyDeleteI also have and love this cookbook, Sheila! I made quite a few recipes from it, my favorite being the stuffed cabbage rolls, as they reminded me of my Ukrainian grandmother's rolls. That was really sweet of Vee to include an apron ..I was the lucky winner of one of her aprons a few years ago and I love it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Sheila! Those butterhorns look wonderful. And I'm sure there are many more recipes you'll try out.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Sheila, it looks like a great cook book, let's hope we get to see those butterhorns when they're done.
ReplyDeleteMaggie
You must be thrilled, well done for winning .
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were the winner...and have a copy of the MGCC cookbook to call your own. Let us know how the butterhorns turn out!
ReplyDelete