Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home from Italy

Five and a half weeks ago I set out to meet my daughter in Rome.  For years we'd been planning a trip to Italy together but life and circumstances collided and finally this June we were able to make our mother/daughter trip happen.
We had a wonderful time together and because we stayed for 2 weeks in Cortona and then another 2 weeks house sitting for a good friend, we experienced the best of both worlds...a small hill town in Tuscany and the bustling big city of Rome.
Click to enlarge collage...
I have so many tales to tell and pictures to share but I haven't even had time to look through my photos so will just share a few with you this week.  Hope you're havng a wonderful summer!
Think about stopping by Mary's Little Red House to see how others are enjoying the lazy days of summer...

20 comments:

  1. This must have been a wonderful trip...these pictures are just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Sheila! I was just last wee thinking that you'd soon be back. I look forward to hearing lots and lots of stories of your Italian summer. It sounds like a dream trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home, Sheila! So excited to see that you're back safe and sound with lots of stories to tell. Looking forward to hearing all about your amazing adventures.

    (Hope that you found something in the mailbox upon arrival.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This would be my dream come true! I'm going to put your blog in my favorites so that I can see all of the photos that you share! Welcome back...I can't wait to hear all about it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, Sheila! What a fabulous trip!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos of your trip, cannot wait to see more. Glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omigosh Sheila, that must have been a marvelous trip!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to more pictures. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to spend time in Italy and isn't it wonderful that you spent it with your daughter. V

    ReplyDelete
  9. You lucky girls. What a fantastic trip it must have been. Your mosaic photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home, Sheila! I can't wait to see and read more about your wonderful trip. Cortona looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Sheila, I have never visited Italy although we have lots of the other European countries but I hope to put that right next year. I think I would prefer a village in the countryside rather than Rome which is so touristy and busy!! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip, love Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome home to you too. What a wonderful time you must have had, a mother and daughter holiday in Italy. It sounds romantic. Tuscany Ahhhhhhh! Looking forward to seeing more and hearing your tales of adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful trip! Such great shots. Beautiful mosaic, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There you are! All relaxed and tanned?
    Glad to hear that you & your daughter had a good time in Italy, I look forward to hearing more about it soon.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sheila,
    Welcome back! Beautiful photos! I can't wait to see more and to read about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos...I know you must have had a wonderful time.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, what an amazing trip you must have had! The countryside looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you had this opportunity! Sounds like the trip was amazing and the photos are superb, depicting the countryside just as I imagined.

    Re: Japanese maples indoors. I tried it one year but the poor thing had powdery mildew so bad due to the humidity and poor air flow in a house. If I were to try to overwinter one again, I'd try it in the garage. Particularly if the garage can maintain a temperature just above zero but no warmer than about 5 Celsius, but even the bubble wrap idea appeals to me as a means of overwintering it. Let me know if you do try it. I'd like to see what works for you.

    Shirley @ The Gardening Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to the tales of your travels.

    ReplyDelete