Tonight I'd like to share an amazing blog with you. Michelle lives beautiful Vancouver Island on the West Coast and her blog, Relics and Tales is fascinating. With curiosity and an interest in getting the original story on artifacts that have come to her attention, Michelle investigates until she knows the real story. One of her posts is about the beautiful paddles her husband carves.
Do pay Michelle a visit and check out her previous posts - if you have a fascination with history, you will be so glad you did.
Tonight I'm linking up with Mary's Little Red House - a great place to meet new friends...

What a beautiful mosaic! Our colors are spotty here...the hillsides are dull but there are some trees that are brilliant. It's going fast though! Thanks for the link! I love visiting new blogs! Hugs! ♥
ReplyDeleteBeautiful scenery and the grasses are a gorgeous color. Wonderful mosaic, thanks for sharing. I hope you have great week!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mosaic, the blues against the gold grasses is great. I love visiting bloggers from around the world, I am an armchair traveller.:)
ReplyDeleteI know just how you feel, Sheila, the ground is still bare and the grass is a beautiful green, gives us so much to be thankful for. We know the snow will come, and it will be just fine when it does, but I'm so grateful for the fact that it hasn't come yet.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cindy
Exquisite scenes and a blue sky so clear. We must bottle these kinds of days and save them!
ReplyDeleteThe autumn colours are pretty. Thanks for recommending another blog to read.
ReplyDeleteYour autumn mosaic is lovely, Sheila! Thank you for your good thoughts. Thankfully the storm did not leave any snow on the ground where I am. We had a mix of rain and snow...strange weather for October!
ReplyDeleteI am grateful for every last day of autumn because winter is not my favourite time of the year. Here in Norway, today is much like yours: cold blue skies, stripped skeletal trees and, so far, green grass.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link to Michelle's very interesting blog.
Anna
The world outside your window is beautiful - with our without enhancement. I'll head over to Michelle's for a look - thanks for the link.
ReplyDeleteGreat mosaic, very colourful, Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous skies to enjoy these days. And the colors of autumn are so rich. I know you savour each moment.
ReplyDeleteLove the mosaic, beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteThose landscapes are so beautiful and peaceful! And I'm going to visit Michelle's blog.
ReplyDeleteHappy Halloween!
P.S. I remember you becoming my follower long time ago. There probably was some error with blogger (that happens often).
Hi Shelia I am catching up with my blogging friends and you welcomed me home with some lovely posts. Beautiful fall photos and Ostia Antica, thankyou.
ReplyDeleteHello Sheila! I love your photos, the colours are so pretty. You have a very interesting blog and thank you so much for mentioning my blog. I am touched by your kind words. You are always an inspiration and so kind. We are lucky to have you as a friend! Happy November by the way. Michelle from 'Relics and Tales' and 'Mich's West Coast Journal'
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely comment on my blog; I really do appreciate the feedback. I loved this blog, and it is interesting to note your remarks on the trees. This autumn I find that the trees here are not as sharply coloured as usual. This is hill country and there has been a persistant wind all summer which dried out the ground. Perhaps this has had something to do with it, we had to chop down part of a venerable elder tree, and the woodpigeons are singularly underwhelmed by this!!! Friends living in lower areas are surrounded by wonderful colours. Here's hoping for less wind next year. There is a wonderful peacefulness about your blogs; coming here to read them is time well spent, and although I don't always comments, I always enjoy! IE
ReplyDeleteSheila, it's funny that you should ask about outdoor mums today as I just read an article about the very thing written by Jim Hole of Hole's Greenhouses in St. Albert. He recommends bringing the plant in the house over the winter as it will not flower outside the second year (if it were to survive) otherwise because the seasons here just aren't long enough for a mum to develop a flower bud to fruition. So, bring it indoors, perhaps spray it with an insecticidal soap, including the soil, and place in a sunny location. Treat it like a houseplant and then, in May, set it out again. It should flower for you again in the fall. Hope this works for you. I hope you will let me know how it goes.
ReplyDeleteShirley
The Gardening Life
Hi Sheila,
ReplyDeleteYes, just deadhead as per usual. It will likely quit flowering for a period and rest, so just deadhead as necessary and don't fertilize again until May when you see new growth.
Shirley
The Gardening Life