Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday with the traditional meal and a gathering of my husband's family (13 in all) and on our farm it's always a special time of year. Harvest is not finished but hopefully we'll continue to have good weather and harvest will be wrapped up before the snow flies.  "Que Sera Sera -whatever will be will be".

In the early morning light I captured these views and as the day continued on the sunshine grew brighter.  By the time the family arrived we were all able to enjoy the wonderfully warm afternoon on the deck before moving inside to enjoy the traditional harvest meal.  Hands joined in blessing, good food and wine,  cousins, aunts and uncles sharing stories and laughter.  We are thankful for the visitors from the big city.  It's always great to get together here on the farm.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend.  In Canada we have so much to be thankful for. If you have time to do a little armchair travelling you will find the links to the Provincial Tourism websites in my previous Canada Day post here.

I'm linking to Mary's Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.
Thanksgiving day wishes from our home to yours!

22 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Sheila! Your mosaic is heart-warming. As you know, the colours here on the Island aren't as spectacular as in other parts of the country - I sometimes miss the change. With your big dinner over and done with, I hope you'll have a day of relaxation and rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous day full of many things to be thankful for. Spectacular images of the changing seasons. Thank you for sharing the wonder of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful header! Amazing even.

    Wonderful that you shared your holiday with us. It sounds as if it was a great one.

    We, too, are enjoying a mild stretch. Since you're west of me, I hope yours is coming this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Sheila! We celebrated yesterday as well. Today's a day to relax and enjoy. We have much to be thankful for.

    Gorgeous header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila,
    Glad you had a wonderful day. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday to cook for. Your photographs are stunning and your header is magnificent.
    Have a great week.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy Thanksgiving to you Sheila! Being originally from Montreal (with an American father)I used to celebrate both Thanksgivings but since I live alone now I only make one turkey so I wait for the November Thanksgiving here in the U.S. but I miss the October Thanksgiving a bunch!
    Enjoy your day...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful autumn images. I love the ones in your new header too.
    I am glad to know you had such a wonderful family celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving week to you and family. What a beautiful head and background. So full of life and light. We are having beautiful weather here in central Kentucky also. I love the changing of the seasons. Blessings to you and your family.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous! I love your new banner, too! Awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving! And your early morning images tell the story of a lovely day unfolding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheila,
    Your sunrise photos are gorgeous!!! When I lived in Vancouver we never saw sunrises and sunsets like we see on the prairies! I love them so much.
    So glad you had a wonderful family Thanksgiving, family is one of God's richest blessings! We had our youngest daughter with us and she will be here for another week, we have enjoyed her very much.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sheila,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I enjoyed it very much! Your sunrise looks beautiful!

    Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving.

    Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheila,
    You captured some beautiful photos in the early morning light.Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend.

    Thank you for your kind words and prayers for Lucas-we really appreciate them.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving, Sheila! Your fall photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had a delightful Thanksgiving celebration with family. Love the sunset pic's! All the best with the rest of the harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving Sheila to you and your family I my search on blog I came here and your title blog I loved it and looked at your blog ,beautiful done your photo collages ..your have a nive blog ..so I clicked on following greetings from Rita ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are really picture of sunshine! Beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving. I always thought the date of your Thanksgiving so much better than the U.S. one of late, dreary November. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Sheila. It is always nice to celebrate surrounded by extended family

    You collection of sunsets are gorgeous and the wonderful autumn colors in your trees are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeg kom lige forbi din blog.
    Smukke efterårsbilleder.
    Tak for kigget.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely mosaic Sheila with warm sentiments of thanksgiving shared with loved ones. Is there anything better to warm the heart?

    ReplyDelete
  22. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in OZ but it sure sounds like a lovely time with family. It is a very relevant custom for farmers. I thank you for providing us with food.

    ReplyDelete