Sunday, November 27, 2011

November?


As I gaze through the kitchen window these days, I do wonder where November's gone.  But I am happy to say that I have finished the sewing and quilting gifts I planned to make for Christmas.  Once the presents have been opened, I'll share some photos here.  This month  has been so grey and cold until today and unbelievably our snow is melting and we can see green grass again.  If only this would last awhile... In any case it was so nice to be walking outside today.  Downtown the pavement was bare and free from ice. It's a wonderful day for those who are putting up Christmas lights because it's above zero. We took advantage of the minus 10C day a few days ago and today it's plus 7C.  Sometimes the early bird doesn't get the worm!

I'll be trying to catch up on everything that you've been posting about in the coming week and in the meantime, I'm linking to Mary's Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.  See you there!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, it does look cold thee. We have been having some warm temps here. November does seem to have flown by. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos! My mosaic is a little different this week! lol Enjoy your evening, my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow makes the landscape so beautiful, in spite of the cold. And now - above zero! Crazy weather. Did you have any of the wind that affected the southern part of the province so badly?

    I'm still working on my sewing/quilting gifts. You've done well to finish so early. Looking forward to seeing the things you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. November does seem to have passed rather quickly, hasn't it. Hopefully December will be around longer.
    Our weather has been up and down, up and down. It snowed then it melted, then it snowed and it will probably melt this week. What's up with that? The last three years were different than this. It keeps us guessing.
    I love the snow and -10 weather, perfect!
    Your photos in your mosaic are very pretty!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been unusally warm here in NYC this past Thanksgiving weekend, Sheila. It actually went up to 70 degrees! Very unsual but enjoyable. I wouldn't mind a mild winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe people live in those temperatures. Its funny how we are all humans but some of us are acclimatised to the different parts of the world.Still you have your gifts done where as I 'm still thinking about it. It was hot here yesterday and today. 36C and its not summer yet. It is time for the aircon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are way ahead of me, Sheila! I've got projects on the needles, on the machine and on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful mosaic!
    Have a nice week,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks cold there, I assume you are use to these cold temps. Your photos are lovely. I would much prefer a warmer climate. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shelia, wearing a Mosaic Monday participants hat myself today as well, your mosaic is stunning, cold does make for beautiful blue skies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the light in your mosaic. I am way behind on my Christmas preparations, good for you to have them finished all ready.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We haven't had the first snowfall yet here, thankfully. I dread the ice too. Yes, it will be a long winter! I hate to speed time but I'm wishing for spring already :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so right. Planning the outdoor decorating can be tricky. I did our stringing of lights in a foot of sticky snow. If I had waited two days...no snow at all. Weird!

    It looks cold...perhaps it's the wind that I can tell is moving the snow in gossamer curtains across the plain.

    ReplyDelete