Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Island Note Cards






Today I'm thinking back three years to a wedding I attended on one of the Gulf Islands off the coast of Vancouver Island. It was a lovely day for a late afternoon wedding and the weather co-operated for the ceremony.  The bride and groom smiled in the sunshine and exchanged their vows on a lawn which had a magnificent view of the ocean.  Later that evening during the reception, the light began to change and there was a small exodus from the party.  Cameras in hand, several of us walked across the lawn to capture this beauty.  It was an evening to remember. I made a few choices of that spectacular sunset that I think would make beautiful notecards and I'll  direct you now to Vee's Note Card Party.  It's a good way to meet new blogging friends.  See you there!

27 comments:

  1. Stunning! What gorgeous note cards these would make. I know as I have one of your note cards framed in my home.

    Shelia, I fixed your link. Hope that it's okay to direct folks here rather than to your July post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vee - that's something I really couldn't figure out how to do and it was annoying me! I'm so glad to hear that you have a framed notecard! I wonder which one it was?

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love island photos! They are lovely and would be perfect notecards for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful sunset! You've capture them so well. Lovely notecard set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos for note cards...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would feel honored to receive a note from someone with a photo like any of these. I enjoyed the story too.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sounds like a magical time. What a wonderful place to have a wedding. Your photographs are gorgeous. Lovely theme, and lovely note cards.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sunset colours are magic and they would certainly make great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these shots ... the water, the sky, the reflections. What a wonderful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These make one want to be there. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! That third one down is my hand's down favorite. I love the colors. I would frame that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Beautiful. I love sunsets and you captured it all. Sign me up for your set of note cards. LOL, Thanks for sharing. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Such a beautiful sky!! Great note cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I do love sunset shots and these are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings from Ireland.

    Lovely photos.

    Visiting from Vee's Note Card Party.

    Have a good week

    ~ Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just stunningly beautiful! I would have loved to have been standing on that beach viewing this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such stunning vistas Sheila! They make lovely notecards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures, the gulf islands are such gems.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sheila

    What a wonderful location for a wedding! The sunset was exquisite and the photos would make beautiful note cards.

    Thanks for your well wishes on my upcoming move. It will certainly be an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are gorgeous shots, Sheila - familiar to me, but very different from the landscape I'm currently looking at from Starbucks in Red Deer. We had a hectic couple of days of travel, but now we're relaxing more, visiting with family and enjoying some time alone.

    There's nothing like the ocean for beautiful photos. I like the story behind the photos - utter romance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These beautiful photos would certainly make beautiful notecards Shelia.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The perfect place to be married...on the gulf islands! And the perfect pic's for note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos are incredible, Sheila. I especially love the middle two with the amazing colours in the sky and water. I can only imagine that anyone would be thrilled to receive a note written on card featuring one of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are beautiful photos, they would indeed make lovely note cards.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete