Wednesday, December 12, 2012
A West Coast Visit
Our recent trip to Vancouver Island was a trip back home for me. A week spent visiting family and good friends was good for the soul. After arriving early in the morning a month before Christmas, we were welcomed with a "Christmas Morning Wifesaver" brunch followed by a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings and delicious apple pie for dessert. It was wonderful to be with my family. We loved the fact that the first three days of our stay were sunny and bright and as a result the rainy days that followed didn't dampen our spirits at all. Since arriving home the cold days of winter have meant I've had time to decorate the house, to wrap presents and start baking. We went to a lovely family gathering in the city last weekend and will be looking forward to seeing most of our Alberta family here at the farm on Christmas day or over the holidays. I'll be visiting you again soon and will look forward to catching up on everything that's been happening to you. My first priority is to get my Christmas cards in the mail. See you soon and hope that all you are accomplishing all the things you want to as the countdown to Christmas continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How nice to have a trip back 'home'...and an early Christmas celebration while you were there. Enjoy your preparations for Christmas...and the blessings of the season.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that the Island put on its best face for at least a few days of your visit. How I wish we could have had a cup of tea together! It sounds like you had a lovely visit.
ReplyDeleteVancouver Island is a beautiful place. It is nice that you had a wonderful time with family there. I need to do cards too. Have a Merry Christmas in the snow.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy seeing shots of Vancouver Island, they bring back happy memories of our trip there back in the'90's.
ReplyDeleteOh I got mixed up and thought I was visiting Lorrie, Judy or Lovella. Such pretty pictures. I'm glad that you had a lovely time out West and that you have so much accomplished right there at home. Enjoy it all!
ReplyDeletePretty pics, wondering where you were on the island. The shots are unfamiliar. Glad you had a good time. Have a great Christmas!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had sunny days for your visit to the Island. We haven't had too many since then. It would be fun to get together for a cup of tea, as Pondside suggested, some time when you come. I know that family takes precedence and there is never enough time.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the snowy scenes outside and the coziness inside your home.
I love your new header photo! It's beautiful Sheila. We have a son living in Vancouver and would have loved to have been there too! So glad you had some nice weather to accompany your first days there with family. It's so wonderful to visit home, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you and your family Sheila.
I knew those places looked familiar! I hear that it snowed on Vancouver Island this week or was it last week? Anyway. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteCalling by to thankyou for your support of my blogging over the last year, I love to call by and enjoy your photos and news. Meanwhile I wish you a wonderful Christmas season and hope you will have time to call by and listen to the music on News From Italy over the holidays. In answer to your question, yes we burn the olive wood and my husband has also crafted some walking sticks.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had some sunny days while you were there visiting. We spent a week in Vancouver and it rained almost the entire time. We had a few reprieves, enough so we could get out for a walk a couple of times.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cindy