Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... We just returned from the grocery store and no matter who we talked to, everyone asks about each other's children.  When you live in the country as we do, we see our neighbours often in one of the two grocery stores.  One of my favourite decorations to put out each Christmas is this framed print from another time and another little town.  Imagine our surprise when we saw our children in the front page picture of the Christmas newspaper.   It's twenty five years later but we're still waiting eagerly for them to come home.

               

Just two more days filled with anticipation...  families will gather to share a wonderful meal. The doorbell will ring and relatives will bustle in as they have so many Christmases before.
  
Best wishes to you and your family for a day that is  filled with special moments and memories of Christmases past.  Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!
 


8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours too, Sheila! Christmas in a small prairie town is particularly festive, I think. I hope your days are as full of family, good food, good talk, laughter and music as your heart can hold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable! What a nice gift of Christmas that newspaper photo has proven to be through the years. I know that you have the house looking like Christmas and those "children" are just as eager for home as you are to have them arrive. Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice memory of a Christmas past. I hope you create many new memories this Christmas and that your day will be blessed. Merry Christmas! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sheila! Wishing you a joy-filled season of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you and yours!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Christmas! I loved the Santa photo you shared! Best wishes for a merry Christmas together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post about Christmas memories. I have many of them too. I hope you are able to spend Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheila, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Wish you all the best for the year 2013!

    ReplyDelete