Thursday, January 3, 2013
New Beginnings
As the year begins, I'm thinking of the word hope...it's an optimistic word which calls to mind all the changes we plan to make, all that we intend to accomplish and the personal goals and dreams we have. "Hope" is my word for the year. Do you have a special word that will define your year?
The old year ended softly as I almost snoozed through it. We had a lovely Christmas and appreciated having most of our Alberta family here with us on Christmas Day or on Boxing Day. Our daughter was home for the whole week and our son visited most days as well because both of them work at different universities which close through the Christmas holidays.
2013 rang in so nicely with warm weather. It has been such a gift to have two balmy days in a row. We've taken the opportunity to get outside and it's nice to see the sunshine melting the snow on the deck. How long will this break last? Not as long as we'd as like -but we sure appreciate it while it's happening.
Best wishes for a year filled with the special times and the people who make your world complete!
Sunshine Always, Sheila
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh it is you to thank for the warming trend we will see midweek next? Thank you. Because it is diggity-dog cold right now.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you had a great Christmas with family near. That's always the nicest way to spend the holidays. Happy New Year, too!
We snoozed through to the New Year, too. It comes along either way.
ReplyDeleteThis morning we woke up to frosty roofs, cars, and plants in the garden. But the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day!
Lovely to hear from you, Sheila. Thank you for your comments. Hope your day is full of good things.
Happy New Year Sheila. You have picked a great word, I HOPE you accomplish to set out in 2013. Blessings, Jen
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Sheila!
ReplyDeleteHi Sheila, I love your header photo as well as the two in this post. It's been very cold here this week but may moderate next week. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. We did as well but our Alberta daughter and family didn't get home. We do plan to visit them next month though. Blessings for the new year to you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the NY wishes. I hope you have a good year of Hope. I just hope to stay fit and healthy.
ReplyDeleteMy word is also 'Hope' ( in my language 'Hoop'). Its an important word for me.
ReplyDeleteBlessed new year!
Hope was my word for 2012. It was a good word for me. Still is:) I'm going with 'celebrate' this year. Happy New Year to you!
ReplyDeleteAbout the boot cuffs...they are worn under the tall boots and look like a full sock once the boot is on. I crocheted the infinity scarves...and can't even remember what pattern I used (something I found on-line).
Happy New Year to you!
ReplyDeleteI hadn't thought about a word until now, but "grow" is what I want to continue to do artistically.
Hope is a wonderful word - one I gave to a friend who is nearly through her chemo. "Hope" engraved on a heart - but even the word 'hope' whispered is a comfort and an inspiration. Happy New Year Sheila!
ReplyDeleteSheila, you have chosen a wonderful word for the new year. It's something we should all have!
ReplyDeleteMaggie