Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hope Springs Etearnal...




Today is officially the first day of Spring but with six months of snow surrounding our home and covering our fields, one can only dream of how it will be in a couple of months. I had my neighbour over for tea yesterday and she was depressed after a recent trip to BC and a taste of what's to come.  The hard thing for us to face after a winter like this is that at this rate we dream of spring, summer and autumn days that will share just 6 months unless we are really lucky, but that can never be counted on.  Here in Northern Alberta the reality is that our spring is weeks and weeks away....hopefully we will see spring flowers popping up in May but they have been known to wait til June to make their appearance. I think these might make nice notecards to share with Vee and her friends.  Thanks for hosting your note card party once again Vee!  Its definitely a place to visit while I'm waiting for Spring to appear in all her finery!

18 comments:

  1. Your cards are so lovely - dreams of spring for sure. Our cousins lived in Carstairs and she loved to garden - finally in desperation they retired and moved to Nova Scotia - such a big difference. Our spring here is coming slowly - we are just below BC - but soon it will burst forth in glory. I hope your spring is all that you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila, thanks for your visit and comment today. Your photos of flowers are very pretty and would make lovely cards. We just got a foot of snow last night and it's still snowing. I can't believe how much snow came down since 10:00 last night! Oh well, it will melt soon enough. And maybe you and us won't have forest or grass fires to contend with this spring/summer! Blessings eh? Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, your photograph choices are perfect for today, and surely would make wonderful note cards. I love your blog, and all the green makes me anticipate the coming of Spring.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your note card selections are lovely, as always, Sheila. I remember growing up in Prince George and thinking winter would never end, so I do empathize with your longing for spring. Meanwhile, surround yourself with your beautiful photos and a bouquet of tulips or daffodils from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images, hope your spring comes early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful cards...I'd buy 'em...:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we'll really have to find spring anywhere we can. Blogdom is my current spring of choice and these are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice spring flowers note cards. We are blooming here but the weather is still chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful note cards..........gives me hope that Spring is on the way with your beautiful photos!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a special fondness in my heart for daylilies, so that first one really caught my eye. Just lovely. I know that you are anxious for spring to finally make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful flowers with beautiful colors, all are note card worthy, thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheila the flowers are beautiful and I like how you arranged them in ovals! Pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty note cards enhanced with the smoky ovals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, spring may be weeks and weeks away for you, but your gorgeous photos brought it just a little bit closer to reach. I have always love florals (I guess "botanical" would be the better name. Yours are absolutely beautiful, and I can not pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful photos for note cards and yes, we have to remember "Hope springs eternal". We haven't had snow quite as long as you have and we could have flowers in just a few weeks, if it would EVER warm up.
    I would rather have snow any day than live with the lower mainland BC rain!
    So today I'm thanking God for snow and NO rain.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spring is all the sweeter for the wait - but it does seem like an awfully long wait in Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh such lovely photos - I too, can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a long cold winter would make anyone depressed. I hope Spring arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete