Thursday, April 4, 2013

Painting With My Camera

 The days are longer here and the sun is sometimes glorious.  Over the Easter weekend it was warm enough to open the windows and let some fresh air in.  The snow has been settling into the fields and the driveway is bare and muddy. The wide paths that the farmer made with his old John Deere tractor across the grass to the front of the house have melted down to the grass. Our shovelled path to the cement pad in front of our garage is still icy and banked by a waist high tunnel of snow.  And the snow banks along the driveway are still icy mountains.  Today Environment Canada tells us there is a warning for freezing rain and snow overnight with a prediction of 5 to 20 cm of snow by Saturday.  That's not much really but on top of the six and a half months of accumulated snow it really seems a lot.  All we can do is wait for green grass and flowers but this year's weather is testing our patience.

Today I found some of the pictures I have edited in the past and thought I'd share them with you today.






 





Let me just say I'd rather be sitting beside my sister and brother in law as they fly to Maui today.
ALOHA!

P.S.  Lorrie from Fabric Paper Thread sent this quotation to me yesterday and I just laughed out loud.  Thanks Lorrie!  Sometimes one just has to put things in perspective...
""It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"And freezing."
"However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila. I love your photos and the edits you did to them. They are really beautiful! I don't mind a bit that you used my blog title for your post today. :) Your last photo with the photo in a photo is stunning! I'm glad spring is making it's way into Canada but these late storms really slow things down don't they. I hope it's not so bad there. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did just a lovely job of 'painting with your camera'! May spring arrive in your neighbourhood in all it's glory...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fine editing...I like the green clouds one a lot. Yes, I'm sure that anywhere other than there would seem preferable, but it is amazing how quickly it gets gone once it starts to go. Within days you'll be all caught up to the rest of us. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and THIS from the gal whose front lawn is buried in the stuff itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job of painting with your camera, Sheila. The big skies in your region are so beautiful and always changing. Hang in there, soon the snow will disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images...not sure which I would like the best, I enjoyed them all. Maybe clouds. I just love to gaze at clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sky shots! Seems winter is not letting go in many areas across the country. We had a short stint of warm weather and not back to rain and slightly cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you have time to play with photos. They are very good too. Hope you warm up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that Alberta feeling. That It-can't-still-be-this-cold-and-snowy-because-it's-after-Easter feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute quote at the end! Love your photos! I need to take some time to play with mine. I love those big beautiful clouds! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shelia
    I love your photo editing on these photos!

    We had a lovely warm week and it felt like Spring was here to stay, but now we heard we will be getting heavy snow this week. We need the moisture here as this stae is in drought, so I guess snow will be as welcomed as rain would be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the laugh that is a great quote! And I am feeling your pain over here in Manitoba the view and the landscape sounds like yours there in Alberta. When or when will spring truly come to our ice and snow locked land!?
    Your photos are really spectacular...thanks again for the Eeyore comic relief!

    ReplyDelete