Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Glimpse of Italy





I always enjoy visiting Vee for her Note Card Party. I started making them years ago, after an early morning spring visit to an inspiring garden.  Those photos were so lovely that I wanted to share the beauty with others.  For a number of years I ordered a variety of prints from Costco, glued them on blank notecards purchased in sets of 50, stamped and signed each card and slipped each notecard into a plastic envelope.  I offered my note cards here and there in our little town and was pleased when they sold.  For the past 5 years I have used them exclusively for birthdays, weddings, and other occasions.  I've bundled them in packages of 5 or 6 and given them as gifts to family and friends.  It's wonderful to have a card store at home with a collection of cards.  Do you make and send your own cards?  If not, I encourage you to do so.  These choices were picked randomly but I hope to make a collection of Italian notecards since my stock is getting low.  Sunshine Always - Sheila

28 comments:

  1. Your Italian note cards would be a pleasure for anyone to receive. Isn't it enjoyable to go through photos of trips past and relive the moments that way? Europe is so far away that we need to make the most of the time we have there.

    Have a wonderful day, Sheila. I hope the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Italian note cards make me want to hop a plane and go there! I haven't made my pictures into cards...but I should. I will have to give that some thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots of Italy. I have thought about making cards with photos but have not got around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely images, it feels like I've traveled there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet images...love the perspective and the framing...I have so enjoyed the notecards you made for me and have used them all up. Good thing I framed one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really special shots. I love each one better than the next -- which means... I love those three ballerinas best. They took me by surprise at the end. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These would all be lovely on notecards Sheila! What a fabulous idea!

    Thanks for stopping by The Gardening Life today. I truly am looking forward to the absence of snow! Today I saw the first butterfly of the season and we now have ducks and Canada Geese in the nearby field. Spring will soon genuinely be here!

    Did you look at the other two homes in the Full House Lottery?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning collection Sheila!
    The vista over the top of the fence was my first choice but now I'm leaning towards the ballerinas - I love them both!!!
    I almost did a ballerina post today too! I have three granddaughters in France and two are budding ballerinas, I took many photos of their ballet production last year and posted them on my blog.
    I change my mind at the last moment!
    Lovely to meet you Sheila.
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice scenes of Italy that make terrific note cards. I like your idea for making the post cards with your photos. I make my own cards and enjoy the relaxing time when crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheilia, a beautiful idea! I've printed my photos to make cards often with my computer but I never thought of printing them at the drugstore or Costco and gluing them on blank cards! I will try that. I do love to make cards, and I also enjoy the "altered look" so will recycle greeting cards making them into my own. And I love to give a set of cards I've stamped, etc. Most important of all is the concept of actually writing a card or note to someone --a lost art! Maybe Vee's card party will in a small way help to bring that back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely photos and make beautiful cards. I've never tried to make my own but I have a lot of Florida photos that I think would work well. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful photos and notecards Sheila. I also make my own cards from photos and cardstock sets from Michael's for family and friends. They always enjoy receiving a copy of my photos. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you are doing great selling your cards which gives some of us hope that we can accomplish the same. Congrats!
    LOVE the last picture of the ballerina's! SO charming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great on the sales of your cards. I have sold some at the gallery we are members of.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos of Italy really give one a sense of the heat and the lovely dry air. I love the spill of flowers from the window boxes and the view of a valley through a gate. Wouldn't it be lovely to be there right now?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The charm of Italy is so evident in your beautiful photos. This is a great notecard set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful images of Italy! Oh, how I would love to visit it one day.
    That's a great idea to make own special occasion and note cards. I should try making some too. I have lots of pictures of my flowers and doilies as well as some interesting photos from my travels. Yes, that's a great idea indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sheila, these notecard memories of yours from Italy are gorgeous. I love the little girl ballerinas! Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are lovely! I especially like that first one because it is so characteristic of the architecture!

    Yes, I've been making my own cards for many years now. I send them out as greeting cards, and I also give out sets for gifts. I got increasingly annoyed with spending $4 and $5 for cards that I can make much cheaper and that are prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so so delightful....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful images for note cards. I make my own cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shelia,
    Gorgeous photos of Italy!!!
    Love the one of the Villa with the flower baskets and of the girls in tu~tu's!!!
    I used to design and sell handmade greeting cards with a vintage flair, but since I've retired...I'm enjoying keeping house and hanging out with "Mr. Ed"!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, now that is someplace i have to visit before i die.
    Amazing pictures. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into that beautiful land.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful images for the notecard party from Italy. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Travel pictures make wonderful cards, your views of Italy are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your photos are always really beautiful, Sheila, you're very clever to use them as cards. I have thought of doing that with some of my husbands, but never have. I think I should!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful idea to use photos you have taken to make cards! Thank you for the inspiration!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. These images of Italy are wonderful! #1 and 3 my favorites. I think your notecard idea is wonderful. I've used photos to make my cards but never actually printed them the way you do as real photos. I do love make cards. I should consider making some real photo cards.

    ReplyDelete