Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Come for a walk...

Perhaps you'd enjoy a walk with me...
 A short walk along a trail from a dirt road leads to this pristine little lake close to our farm.
These pictures were taken a few years ago and bring back memories of how wonderful autumn is early in the season.  We have only leaves to rake now, although there are a few stragglers on the empty branches.
Geese and ducks love Canoe Lake at this time of year.  It's a magical place where not a single home or cabin is built.  If framed and mounted on card stock these prints might become note cards...do stop by Vee's to view the other choices for October's Note Card Party.  See you there...

24 comments:

  1. Sheila...I would enjoy this walk for sure. Pretty peaceful things to see along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my walk with you Shelia, your fall photos are very pretty, and serene, such a peaceful place! Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a peaceful place for taking a walk.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful spot indeed! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty lake Sheila, and it's nice that it is in it's natural state with no building around it. The photos would make lovely notecards. Have a great day! Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful to imagine a lake without cabins or homes. No wonder that the geese love it and no wonder that you do, too! I'd love to take a walk with you to see it in person. Oh it's so much fun to imagine. Print them up, Sheila. I still have one of your cards left. I framed it so that keeps me from being tempted to use it. Thanks for joining us this month...always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your postcards depict a very tranquil place for a walk unhindered by homes and water activities.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila, your notecards highlight the golden hues of early fall which are my favorite! What a beautiful place to walk!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very serene pictures, Sheila. Thanks for sharing your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful notecards! That last one is a stunner! You live in a beautiful place, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tranquil spot. Lovely for a quiet walk. These would make wonderful notecards. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love autumn in the prairies. (on sunny days) Such wide open sky and golden land that seems to stretch into eternity. I'd love to walk with you there to that charming lake. Would a loon cry for us, do you think? Stunning, richly colored photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Canoe Lake is sure a pretty place! This would make a great set of note cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sheila
    You must print these out - they are a beautiful set of nature note cards. I love them all - they give me a sense of calm and stillness and a feeling that all is right with our world.

    Have a very happy weekend - maybe you will wander around Canoe lake again!
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, I don't know how I missed these at the Note Card Party but better late than never! These are beautiful. I love each one.
    You live in a very beautiful place but yes the winters can be long there. Congrats on winning Vee's drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sheila, I don't know how I've missed these posts but somehow I have. I enjoyed the walk with you. Our leaves are just starting to fall. Your pics make a nice set of themed notecards too! Have a good week,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Autumn looks beautiful in your part of the world, Sheila! I hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful serene place to spend time! This photos would make beautiful cards or enlargements that you could frame! Happy Fall my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to see beautiful pristine lakes. How wonderful that it is close to your farm. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Autumn is such a lovely time of year, but I dread the winter that follows. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete