Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Note Cards

Today it's time to visit Vee's Note Card Party.
Since I have started wrapping Christmas presents already I thought it would be a good idea to try making some Christmas note cards. Every year my sister's lovely Christmas "stitcheries" are the first things I hang to bring the spirit of Christmas into our home.
I've chosen my sister's handiwork to decorate the note card box that Vee suggested we make.

And inside the box are four notecards I might use to be included in the Christmas boxes I will be mailing to my family this year.







 A big thank you to Vee for the lovely notecards and autumn leaves she sent to me.  They arrived a couple of weeks ago and I will look forward to using them.  Thank you John, for drawing my name in Vee's unannounced surprise giveaway!  Thank you so much Vee.  I will enjoy using your cards.



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful note card photos, Sheila - are they all from the Empress Hotel's display of holiday trees? We like going to see them every year.
    Your header is stunning. I know you would rather have the rain and be here on VI, but you can't beat the north for snowy beauty. I'm really hoping for some this year, since we had none at all last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lorrie, the top two trees were from the "Festival of Trees" at the Empress Hotel in Victoria. The third is my good friend's tree and the fourth is our little family room tree. I do hope that you will have a 'White Christmas" this year.

      Delete
  2. Hello dear Sheila
    Your sister's Christmas themed embroideries make a beautiful note card box cover - they are precious.
    Lovely Christmas note cards - all ready for you to print off!
    I've done some Christmas wrapping too as I posted a large box of presents to France on Monday - it was exciting and seemed like only yesterday I had done last years!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sticheries- and they would make beautiful note cards...pretty trees also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the colorful lights on the tree! Your header is spectacular-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila, what a lovely box of cards! I love your beautiful Christmas images. The tree with all of the colored lights looks a lot like mine! I am a sucker for colored lights...it's a childhood thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a snowy Christmas wonderland here! (Something is being mentioned about snow for the end of next week...guess that it is that time.)

    Your sister's embroidery is lovely and festive and meaningful. Just the kind of decoration that I love. And those trees are amazing! Very inspiring. I love the first standing before that rich wood.

    So glad that your cards arrived. You'll have to tuck them away for another year (except for the wreath perhaps). I am so glad that I framed one of yours because the rest have long since flown to other bloggers' homes. I was going to hang on, but decided it was not what the card was designed to do so used I used them and I know that they brought others a smile.

    Take care now...don't be a stranger. You can travel anywhere in Blogdom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that beautiful tree in the first photo...actually, love 'em all.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your header snowy pictures! Also, adore the pretty Christmas trees for the note cards! They put me in the mood to play some Christmas tunes.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those would make lovely Christmas cards! And congratulations on winning a set of Miz Vee's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely seasonal photos- makes me think it's time to start the Christmas decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. With our thanksgiving a pleasant memory from last month, it's nice to see more note cards with a Christmas theme. I love the header photos, winter wonderland at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely notecards Sheila. The stitcheries from your sister are really special keepsakes. The Christmas trees are beautifully done. I love Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the beautiful Christmas stitching you sister has done. What treasures! And your photos are perfect for holiday note cards! We're all so anxious for Christmas! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christmas really IS coming......and your colorful and pretty cards are definitely reminders, many thanks!

    Thanks for stopping by Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sheila,

    Your notecards are lovely and put me in the "Christmas spirit." I really like your box top too. And your wintry header. As far as how I added the sides to my cards, I did it on pic monkey or one of those editing places where you can add a non photo to a mosaic with a photo in it. You can kind of fashion your own mosaic mold. It's quite easy to do but hard to explain!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are very well organised for Christmas already. The cards are pretty.

    ReplyDelete