This month is flying by… really?
Winter is officially at least half over…
In just a few months the snow will have disappeared and we will be looking forward to green leaves, grass and spring flowers.
An optimist can survive the northern winters and because I consider each day a gift I can look forward to the days when the world is not white.
This has been one of the toughest winters for me.
Today is sunny and bright and the afternoon will be so much nicer than usual.
The temperature climbing to a high of -13 C. The snow will hold off till this evening and then tomorrow will be even warmer as a high of -3 is predicted.
Today I'm hoping that this year spring will come a little earlier - but it's wishful thinking.
February is the perfect month for accomplishing all the things I've been wanting to do for ages and I'm making progress.
Honestly, I just have to say "I'm dreaming of a "Green Spring" !
Hope that you're having a wonderful day - whatever the weather!

Sheila, I wish you that Green Spring! I remember the thrill, when we lived in Cold Lake, on the days when the temperature was in the single digits, even though they were negative single digits! I'm sorry that this winter has been a hard one for you - I can well imagine why!
ReplyDeleteI have been wondering what you have been up to Shela, can see you have had your share of snow. I think most of Canada and the rest of the world is looking forward to a green spring and nicer weather conditions. We are afraid we may be in for a drought this summer with so little rain and snow here. Probably have severe water restrictions. Beautiful images!
ReplyDeleteI know of the longing for spring after a seemingly interminable winter. I hope spring comes early for you, too. Your prairie sunset is really lovely - keep that optimism!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a very hard winter in most of North America and I think a lot of us are ready for some spring and green. We're in Calgary at the moment and I must say the weather has been lovely - sunny and mild - compared to back home with all the snowstorms. Spring is officially just over a month away although spring weather is something we all have to wait for. I like your positive thinking to be grateful for every day. Take care. Pam
ReplyDelete