This summer is our 20th in this province and I decided to go through every inch of the house to sort and delete, to keep only what is useful, beautiful or meaningful. I still am working on it but after a peek at a few blogs recently I want to take a bit of time to visit and try to get into the habit of blogging again. I do enjoy it but life seems to get in the way sometimes.
My last blog entry talked about possibilities. We met 3 couples from BC in Las Vegas for the last week of March. it was wonderful to spend time with old friends and the highlight was our trip to The Grand Canyon. It was just the break we needed as our long winter dragged on. It was a holiday that was long overdue and I'll tell you about it another day.
Shortly after our return, my mother in law passed away. Because everyone in the family lives in other places we had many occasions where the house was full of people. Spring finally arrived here on the farm and a few weeks later it was officially summer. It has really been so nice, so warm, just lovely. Summer is my favourite time of year here on the farm. Our garden is looking good and it's wonderful that the retired farmer has time for his favourite pastimes which are fishing and gardening. I'll share a glimpse of my perennials. Before long they will all be in bloom. I am really looking forward t catching up on what's been happening in your world. See you soon and my apologies for not stopping by for such a long time. Sunshine Always, Sheila
Welcome back Sheila! You have been missed. Sorry for your loss on your mother in law.
ReplyDeleteYou have a gorgeous assortment of flowers.
I'm glad the sunshine is warming your heart and you have started to blog again. It must have been nice to have a holiday with friends in Las Vegas. I loved the Grand Canyon. Looking forward to hearing about it. The sun has brought the best out of your flowers.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see you back blogging, Sheila. I well understand how we can get so busy living life that blogging about it is the furthest thing from our minds. Like you I just recently started blogging again and it's been so good to reconnect with my blog friends once again. Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy surprise it was to open my computer to find a post from you! It sounds like you had a busy spring. I'm sorry to read about your family's loss.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading more about summer in Alberta!
What fun to find you here! Thank you for stopping by. I am sorry to learn of your mother-in-law's passing. Glad to hear that your husband is enjoying his retirement doing the things he loves. It was a long winter and so I am thrilled to know that summer is a beautiful one. You look fabulous and so do your flowers!
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to read your comment on my blog. Good to have you back, Sheila. You look lovely standing by your house and garden. I'm sorry to read of your mother-in-law's passing. Always a time of transition for a family. Summer is a beautiful season in your corner of the world. Enjoy every minute!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are having a nice summer. It's good to see you on your blog again. Your photos are nice of your perennials. especially the first one including you! Sorry to hear about your MIL. I admire your cleaning out things, I am doing it ever so slowly.
ReplyDeleteI'm very sorry about your loss. That's always hard for the whole family. I hope you have a beautiful summer my friend! Love all of your pretty flowers! Have a sunny day! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteMy condolences on the loss of your Mother-in-law, Sheila. I had to purge my belongings when we moved from NY to Colorado, so I know what a big job that is, but it will also be very satisfying. I have to say I've missed very little of what I donated to charity or friends. I'm glad you are enjoying the summer weather--your flowers are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI haven't had enough time lately to sit down and go through all the blogs I enjoy. Tonight I closed the door of the study and sat down to read - and catch up. Lovely blog, and your flowers are glorious. Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your Mother in law. Ar dheis Dé a anamh dilís.
ReplyDelete