Monday, February 29, 2016

Under the Tuscan Sun

You may have seen the movie, "Under the Tuscan Sun".  If so you can imagine what Cortona is like. My daughter and I spent two weeks there in 2011 and it hasn't changed much since then.  Because our family was in Italy together last September, we rented a beautiful apartment in Cortona with lots of space to relax in. We spent ten days exploring the fascinating sights there and in other small towns in Tuscany. No matter where we went we were climbing steep streets or descending with care. We have so many memories...here are just a few...
We heard church bells ring many times a day
-enjoying the magnificent view

 -tall buildings surround the main piazza

-the park is a lovely sanctuary on a hot day

-a quiet September walk

-a beautiful villa


-Trattoria Toscana

-the view from our dining room

-looking towards Bramasole, the home of Frances Mayes, author of "Under the Tuscan Sun"

Just a few photos shared ... more next time!  Have a wonderful week!



13 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to Italy and fell in love with that movie. If I ever get to go...these are the places I would like to spend time. What wonderful photos my friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I'd love to spend some time there! The thought of church bells many times a day is lovely. I missed that sound when we returned home after living in Europe. You must have such a good time, as you had a guide who knows the area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now you've done it, you've awakened the wanderlust in me again. Such beautiful sights, I just love the background in the shot of the beautiful villa. Places like that call to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...what an amazing view for sure! I like the photo of your daughter enjoying the view. How perfectly neat to have rented spacious accomodations for all that length of time. Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed seeing more of your photos. I would love to just stay in one area as you did for a number of days. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks so beautiful there Sheila! I love the view from your dining room window! You must have had such a lovely trip and have wonderful memories of it. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo of your daughter in the window is a keeper - one to frame! What a gorgeous view from your dining room. Tuscany is another place I'd love to visit. The world is so full of beauty and interesting places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a really great read, appreciation for taking the time to put it together! Touched on some very good...
    _______________________________
    Most Beautiful Visiting Places In Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful place to visit. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have travelled a lot but I have never been there. It looks absolutely beautiful. Every photo is like a painting one sees on the walls of Italian restaurants. Bet you have some super memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such a beautiful town to visit, Sheila, and I'm sure you have many happy memories to enjoy! We yearn to return to Italy, especially as my husband's aunts and uncles are all getting very old, but must wait till our grandchild babysitting obligations are less.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by after reading about your visit with "Pondside." These photos are spectacular, especially that view from your dining room. Italy is one of my favorite places on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Shiela,
    After reading Pondsides latest post I'm here too.
    I've always enjoyed visiting your blog and today is no exception.
    Even the name Tuscany is beautiful and immediately presents a picture of pretty hill towns just as you have done here.
    How lovely to enjoy it with your family, making it all the more memorable.
    I lost touch with many of my old fave blogs when I "changed things" but I've now got you back on my blog roll!
    See you again soon.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete