

This rose bloomed last week on a rose bush planted at my in-laws home. The amazing thing is that in the mid twenties my father in law's family arrived from Minnesota to homestead in Northern Alberta. They brought children, a cat called Pussy Purr, two tame mallard ducks and the rosebush. It was replanted in at least 3 locations but still lives and blooms 85 years later. Our farm is close by and one day I hope to take a shoot and plant it here at our farm. Last week I took some pictures of the flowers that are still blooming in my yard. It's almost mid September so a very unusual sight and it's thanks to the frost free nights we've experienced to this point. Enjoy your gardens wherever you are!




Please consider a visit to
Mary's Little Red House to see wonderfully creative mosaics.
Sunshine Always !
How exquisite and I must say that I'm surprised to see your roses and other posies doing so well. I actually think that my flowers are happier in the cooler weather we're enjoying on the East Coast. You must get some of those BC breezes to warm you...
ReplyDeleteSome colourful fowers still in your garden, thanks for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful rose. Amazing, it is still blooming. Enjoy:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful rose! I hadn't realized that they would continue to blossom for so many years.
ReplyDeleteI continue to have blooms daily, however, Southern California is a much different climate, though even in the winter when we reach those nightly temperatures, I am stilled blessed with flowering bushes. I consider myself very fortunate.
Beautiful. I'm always fascinated by what is blooming in different locations. Just lovely....
ReplyDeleteYes, you do have some lovely flowers still blooming...it's very interesting what blooms in different areas.
ReplyDeleteYou must be having an exceptional late summer in Alberta. I remember that in the years we lived at Cold Lake we always had snow in mid September, and had certainly had a hard frost by early in the month.
ReplyDeleteLovely blooms...I love the story of the rosebush that just keeps on giving!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by My Front Porch this morning...and saying 'hi'.
Such pretty flowers, Sheila. What is the very last one? I love its color! Happy MM!
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteThese are gorgeous photos; I really must go round with my camera in my own garden. Soon all this splendour will be gone.
ReplyDeleteDear Sheila, amazing 85 year old rosebush! Thank you for your kind commentar on my blog. Have a nice week! Anja
ReplyDeleteShelia, don't wait another summer to take a cutting of that marvelous rose bush. Go and buy some Rooting Powder, dip the ends of the cuttings into the powder and plant in a hole poked in the dirt of a pot. Keep the soil moist. It's that easy! I have just done my coleus, hoping to carry them over the winter indoors.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being a follower. I love your pictures of your garden and the pictures of the garden in Victoria. I am also following your blog!
Beautiful photos Sheila!
ReplyDeleteOh and Sheila there was a huge turnout for our Exhibition!! LOts and lots of people!!!! The new area is so huge that it didn't look busy and that photo of my son and i was taken behind the stalls where only workers are.
The raindrops on the rose are tremendous!
ReplyDelete