Thursday, September 30, 2010

Six Months

Six months ago I started blogging because I'd come across Mary's Little Red House and I was so intrigued by the beautiful mosaics that she had created. I followed her tutorial and was so pleased when I was able to create my first mosaic of the floral pictures I'd taken on a family visit to Hawaii.
The next discovery was that there were so many talented photographers and that their blogs highlighted their creativity and interests. I learned that making contact by commenting and receiving comments was fun too.
All of the blogging steps were puzzles to me and I am still learning as I go along. I've not yet mastered the skill of keeping track of all the lovely blogs I've found, but have learned that sometimes even though the blog lists look intriguing it's smarter not to click unless I have a large block of time to whittle away. When I do I find so many interesting blogs I sometimes forget to go back and make comments on them.
Thanks so much to all of you who have made such kind comments on my blog and apologies to those I've failed to visit. I'm going to try to be a better blogger and one of the ways I'll try to do this is to occasionally link to other bloggers who have inspired me. Thanks to all of you who have visited my blog and I hope that your day is filled with sunshine!

6 comments:

  1. Before I started blogging I would have never imagined it would be so much fun - and that I would "meet" so many wonderful people.

    It's a learning process that never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun?
    Blogger has been giving me trouble lately and I've had a hard time posting - who'd have thought, way-back-when that not posting would have been an inconvenience?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blogging, I love the connection with such wonderful people, I still haven't learned how to make a mosaic though.....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sheila, Congratulations on your six-moth anniversary! What a beautiful collection of photos you have posted here -- so lovely! thanks for sharing your wonderful images at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Anniversary!!! There is so much talent out there and every day is a new learning experience. I have a Mac but I use a windows computer for blogging. I would be interested in the programs you use for blogging. I am not overly fond of blogger.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila, Congratulations on six months of blogging. It is so much fun!!! Beautiful pictures in your mosaic. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete