Sunday, October 3, 2010

Autumn






It's so unusual to have such warm fall weather in October here. Harvest is progressing but not as usual. With the September rains the farmers had a late start.
The colours of autumn never last long here. One windy day and the leaves are all on the ground. I'm busy cooking a spaghetti supper for the hungry farmer so will just post a few pictures taken in the past week. I dug the biggest potatoes we've ever grown and the beets were super sized as well.

Time to stir the sauce...that's it for now...
I'm linking to Mary's Little Red House. She has some gorgeous Autumn Postcards to show you this fine October evening.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful header, Sheila!
    Having lived north of Edmonton, I can appreciate the treat that a warm fall means. I am looking forward to a Thanksgiving dinner next weekend that will feature the produce from our garden - we are so happy to have foiled the deer and to have grown some food for ourselves, but nothing like that beet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,
    I love your header. I know what you mean about the rain and the wind and the colorful leaves. The picture of the beet is wonderful.

    Have a great weeks.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila,
    Love the colouful leaves in your header photo, and the mosaic which captures the true feel of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my friend, I lost most of all the leaves off my Maple on Friday, couldn't believe how the landscape changed so much in just 3 hours. We are having a beautiful warm Fall.....Love it!
    Have a great week.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila!
    Your root produce is so large! I'm glad it was such a bountiful year for you! Your photos are beautiful! Are the leaves really all gone where you are already? Ours have not yet begun to turn in color but we had a cold snap last night and so I'm sure they will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought for a moment we had been in the same place. Lovely sights of a good harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog, Sheila. So glad you did so I could track back to yours. Your photos are beautiful! (And your produce is amazing!) I love your header, it takes me back to a visit to BC in fall a few years ago. We don't get fall colours here and I was totallly blown away by the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Shelia!!

    Beautiful photos and i just love your new photo header!!! Autumn is such a lovely time and my favourite fruit are apples!!! Great photos of your apples I could just taste them!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big potatoes and beets. It must be rewarding to grow those. I love your mosaics and the Autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, now I'm craving roasted beets! thanks for sharing your harvest at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Sheila! Hope the harvesting is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Sheila!

    Thank you for your congratulations for our expected granddaughter. I'm not a knitter so I won't be making pink booties but I'm sure I'll be buying pink baby outfits pretty soon! :)

    ReplyDelete