I am thankful for so many things... our family and the peace of our surroundings,
the friends we've met who have become family,
the wonder of spring,
the warmth of summer,
the bounty of the fall harvest
and the anticipation of Christmas in the white days of winter.
health, love and laughter,
our three feline friends,
the opportunities we've had to travel,
for books, music and memories,
for hopes and dreams for the future.
Today on Thanksgiving I'd like to share a quote with you...
the author is unknown.
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order,
confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who enjoy Mary's Mosaic Monday connections.
"There are no strangers (t)here - only friends we haven't yet met."
Oh this is a lovely post and well timed for our Thanksgiving.....:-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful thoughts here. "Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this.
This was a beautiful post Sheila! The quote is very meaningful and I do believe that gratitude makes life more meaningful. Your cats are so handsome...my cat is sitting by my side tonight keeping me company.
ReplyDeleteIf all our visions began with gratitude there would surely be peace on earth. Lovely post - Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a special post. The quote is perfection and the kitty mosaic is very cute. The little Irish blessing tucked in was a nice touch, too. Sounds as if your Thanksgiving was blessed...
ReplyDeleteSo lovely Sheila! May I wish a very Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Tina xo
Lovely post for Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely glorious; and I love the Irish blessing! Go h-án dheas ar fad!
ReplyDeleteIE
Thanks for visiting me, Sheila. Love your cats mosaic and the beautiful quote.
ReplyDeleteSheila I must have a "knack" ...lol...because the crowd estimate I read for the Chile Pepper Fiesta event was that over 10,000 people attended!
ReplyDeleteHello Sheila--
ReplyDeleteThanks for pointing me to The White Bench blog. It's enchanting! What's even better is that you took the time to send me a link and thought of me. I really appreciate it!
I hope your day is lovely - and that autumn will linger long before winter arrives.
Beautiful post with lovely mosaics and words.
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi Shelia!
ReplyDeleteYour cats are just beautiful!!
Thank you so much Shelia for your warm comments about my Kachina.
Pamela xo