Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sew Retro


Last week I talked about my lifelong hobby, which has been sewing.   A few years ago I was shopping at a scrapbook store and I bought a small sheet of stickers. Those stickers inspired me to make a scrapbook of my life thus far.  I visit my mother in law often and I suppose I was thinking ahead...
I decided I want to have some memories tucked in a book, so that years down the road I'll be able to take them with me to my last home.  Hopefully the pictures and titles will jog my memory and bring me some happy memories of what my life was like, where I lived and who my family and friends were.
So this is simply a page from my scrapbook, showing some of the patterns I've sewn in years gone by.  I also enjoy seeing all the wonderful creations sewn by the women who are fascinated by the retro look.  There's a fascinating blog called  Sew Retro with daily posts from talented women who have sewn retro inspired clothing.  If you've ever sewn an outfit or want  glimpse into the way things were, be sure to visit this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Scrapbooks are great memory joggers, aren't they? Did you keep all of your patterns? I wish I had. They make a great catalogue of style and of life - sizes, shapes, etc.
    I'll be checking out Sew Retro. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so interesting - I am sure that my mum made me some of the dresses you show on your page. I certainly had the little slip dress, and there was an evening coat..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea!

    I wish I had kept all those patterns from days gone by...but every ten years or so, I cleaned house. Love those oldies now!

    ReplyDelete