"Pathways - All Occasion Cards
That Take you to Another Place"
That Take you to Another Place"
Almost ten years ago I was in my hometown and went with my sister to Finnerty Gardens very early in the morning. The morning light was perfect and I took photos of so many beautiful scenes that I decided to make copies and create some cards. I decided to call my collection "Pathways" and before long I was selling them in the local florist shop, a gift shop, and two antique stores and at craft fairs. I really enjoyed making them and they sold well. For a few years now I've just kept them at home and it's wonderful to have a selection of cards to choose from for any occasion. I've also bundled them in groups of 5 or 6 and given them as gifts. I still love making cards the old fashioned way - getting prints made, gluing them to blank cards and then putting them in clear envelopes to add that professional touch. I love my digital camera and rarely make prints but I think it's time to make some new cards and travel along some new pathways. It's a good thing to do in the middle of winter.
Sunshine Always! Sheila
Sunshine Always! Sheila
I'm linking this to Mary's Mosaic Monday. Beautiful photo mosaics are abundant at Mary's Little Red House each week and speaking of Mary ...read about Saving Mary Lake in my last post. Thanks for visiting my blog. The friends I've met here are such unique individuals!

What a great idea, Sheila. I think you should start up your business again. Your photos are wonderful! And I love the name and tagline.
ReplyDeleteA great hobby for winter time. Great photos too.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. I have had a few of my photographs printed as notecards. It personalises cards that you send to friends and family. If they are so good to sell even better, run a small business or sell on Etsy or Ebay.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week, Jackie.
Beautiful photos ,do you know the guy sketching or was he a stranger?
ReplyDelete~Sharon~
Very nice hobby! Trish
ReplyDeletewonderful idea and wonderful pathways!
ReplyDeleteSheila,
ReplyDeleteI made cards this year with some of my favorite photos and an online printing company. I was really pleased with the way they came out. I gave them as gifts to close family and friends.
Your photos are wonderful. Great mosaics.
Carol
Great idea Sheila! I am always looking for post cards locally and recently when I was trying to get one for a friend I could not find even one card, no where in my town. Not a single store I stopped in had any or knew where I could get one! I think you have hit on a wonderful idea!
ReplyDeleteTina xo
What a wonderful idea - these are lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteKathy
What a great way to share your photography, Sheila!
ReplyDeleteWonderful cards - a great way to showcase your photography - beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are beautiful, Sheila. I like the name you chose for your collection. I have often been tempted to turn some of my photos into cards and give them as gifts. You've encouraged me to look into that!
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful these photos are. And what a great idea to use them for cards.
ReplyDeleteSuch a terrific idea, that of making greeting cards from your photos! You do have some lovely photographs here!
ReplyDeleteIs the weather forecasted to warm up there? It is here, in Edmonton, by the mid-week but that could change. It is, afterall, Alberta.
Sheila, the new Scrooge was fabulous! Just as one would imagine Scrooge, he was just that and more! To see a post about the production, visit Christmas Carol - An Evening on the Town
Hope you have a wonderful week. Thank you for the follow.
Wow! your photos are great. I adore it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this to us.
Seattle Real Estate | Alaska Fishing Lodge