Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Fever

I find I'm smiling more often these days.  
One can't help but smile when we've had 10 straight days above freezing.  
The snow melts every day and although we can't predict when it will be all gone, 
it's wonderful to make a little progress every day. 
Our dear cat, Princess, is so happy these days and she seems to be doing 
all kind of crazy things this spring.  
She may have been acting up for my camera but she's usually not like this!
In my Happy Face mug is a mixture of silk mini sunflowers and plastic- 
yes - Plastic Lily of the Valley, which were always in a little vase on our family table.  
I love having something we had when I was 9 or 10!  
Do you still have something from your childhood? 
This was sunset tonight...Spring's coming at long last!
I'm linking to Mary's Signs of Spring tonight.  Keep smiling!

8 comments:

  1. My cats have spring fever. They have been out hunting moles. Spring makes us all smile! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I she has spring fever and so excited, lovely mosaic of her. Yes, I still have my doll collection from my childhood. Take care enjoy the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to look out and see a little more garden and less snow each day! It has clouded over as I type this and windy. Possibility of rain/snow overnight. Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like your cat is happy that spring's almost here, too.
    I have just a few things from my childhood - a blue glass container that I keep my cotton balls in, a rooster figurine that was my grandfather's, a doll with a dress made by my mother... and probably a few things I can't remember at the moment.
    I hope spring just keeps pushing her way forward for you. Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it good to know spring is so close?

    Of course I have things from my childhood...since I am the sentimental sort. I have a plate from the Calgary stampede (circa 1964)...a postcard collection...my china tea set...and so much more. I love those links to the past!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a little bank that was a seventh birthday gift from a long-forgotten friend.
    I'm so glad that spring has arrived in your neck of the woods. It can be slow coming to Alberta - the next milestone will be double digits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news, but you must smile every day regardless it is good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful signs of spring post! Princess acting up for the camera is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete