Hope you enjoyed the special day.
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
Earlier this week I was thinking about the wedding...
The Royal Wedding Program is now available online.I am looking forward to watching William and Kate as so many of you will be. A couple of weeks ago I was going through the window seat in my daughter's room and I came across a book of her paper dolls.
The book included the Royal Wedding clothes and so I decided to dress Charles and Diana in their finery and pair them with something from my childhood. I still have a bronzed Coronation Coach pulled by eight tiny white horses, given to me by an aunt.
When Elizabeth was crowned as Queen Elizabeth II, each child in our school was given an evergreen seedling and I can remember planting it in our backyard. We moved from that house a few years later so I don't know how long the seedling survived but perhaps I'll drive by one of these years to see if I can see it above the roof...
Will you be "at the wedding" ?
Cheers to William and Kate and the best of luck to them both!

Hi Sheila,
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting find. I remember being glued to the television watching Charles and Diana's wedding so many years ago. I was pregnant with our first child.
I'm planning to watch this latest wedding, but not live. I'll get up in the morning, send my husband off to work, make some tea and have my breakfast while I watch the reruns.
I'm not going to be graduating this June. Because of the move, the wedding, etc. I lost some time. I hope to finish in August, which means I can't walk until next June, and who knows what will happen by then? I will be certain to let you know if I do make it out there.
I remember Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding so well! She was such a lovely girl and such a good mother. I hope William and Kate will have a wonderful loving life together. I want to watch but I have an eye doctor appointment in the morning so I will have to catch much on re-runs.
ReplyDeleteI saw your comment on Vee's blog about Italy! How wonderful for you and your daughter! We took our children when thye were in their early 20's to see my husband's home town in Calabria, and all over Italy for a month to visit all his Aunts and Uncles and cousins. It was such a memorable trip.
I will most certainly be watching here in Italy :)
ReplyDeleteI am going to watch it Sheila, I can rest tomorrow. I watched Lady Diana's wedding so I wouldn't miss this one. I am looking forward to seeing her dress......:-)Hugs
ReplyDeleteOh, how beautiful Charles and Diana are!
ReplyDeleteI would love to watch the royal wedding, but with all the night feedings, I don't think I will have any energy.
I'm glad you liked the idea of imprinting small leaves on Easter eggs. Thank you for linking to my blog ;-)
I began watching as Kate's car was winding its way to the Abbey. And I turned the tv off after the couple left the balcony. That was three hours and plenty. It was a beautiful wedding and I am glad that I wathched. I loved the sermon, the readings, and the music not to mention those great trees lining the aisle. What great paper dolls! Can you imagine all the Royal ephemera the world around?
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I was watching! It was all so splendid I'm sure you'll agree?
ReplyDeleteIt made me even more proud to be an Englishwoman!
3 cheers for the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
How sweet. You dressed the prince and princess. I watched last night, The colour and ceremony was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI did attend the wedding...but never thought to take photos while I was there. Smile. You got some good shots.
ReplyDeleteI had to smile to see a Vancouver Canucks flag flying with all the union jacks outside the wedding venue...as we watched the royal wedding. It seemed a little out of place...but we are a patriotic lot over here.
Great paper dolls.
I also watched Charles and Diana get married. I have to say that Catherine and William looked so much more in love and way more relxed at their wedding. It was abeautiful ceremony! I wish them a lifetime of happiness. :)
ReplyDeleteSheila, my daughter and I were awake from 3am on, watching the procession and the wedding. My daughter went to bed shortly after the nuptials but I remained awake to see the two kisses on the balcony. Such a beautiful wedding. It was lovely to witness the love these two obviously have for eachother. Thanks for posting these photos.
ReplyDelete