Monday, August 22, 2011

Window Shopping in Cortona

My blogging friend Olga, has enjoyed my pictures from Cortona so much that she was inspired to make some Tuscan Soup.  Thanks for the recipe Olga.  I made your soup in the crockpot.  I like chunkier soup so decided not to blend it and the flavour was delicious. 
I promised Olga some special pictures and I thought she might enjoy these.  Come along and wander with me - you never know what you might find in Cortona.  
Maybe we'll do a little window shopping together... 
When you've finished here if you would like Olga's recipe stop by Olga's Home and Garden Blog.  She shares wonderful recipes and it's always a treat to visit Olga. 









All of the photos can be enlarged by a click...
Thanks for your visits and comments.  Hope that you have a wonderful week.
Sunshine Always!  Sheila

10 comments:

  1. I'm ooohhhing and ahhhhing as I shop! Is that alright? I see so many things I would love to see up close...like those handbags! I guess just saving my money to travel to Italy is not going to be enough! The shopping looks fantastic! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Window shopping is good for the pocketbook. Especially via blogging, since Cortona is so far away. I love those dishes in the bottom photo. And the paintings. The street is so picturesque, too.

    I'm sure you're still dreaming of those sunny days in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tour of the shops in Cortona. (and I didn't spend any money). It is very interesting to see the shops in other cultures,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tour, I hope you did a little more than window shopping though and took home some mementoes from your trip, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very special window shopping. I really like the rainbow effect of the purses hanging from the rack...and the paintings. Oh how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila,
    Thank you for this post! Whenever I travel, I love going to small shops, especially artisan ones. I don't necessarily buy anything, it's more like a way to learn a bit about particular town,its culture and people.
    Wonderful photos from Cortona. It feels like I know a great deal about this little town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila,
    Those shops look very intriguing, I would love to go into all of them. You found some great artwork, too. Thanks for taking us along!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Window shopping is one of my very favourite pastimes, so I really enjoyed my virtual visit to Cortona with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Italy has such beautiful goods, especially leather and knits and ceramic and art...well, everything! :) I enjoyed window shopping in Cortona with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting us window shop with you! Love it.

    ReplyDelete