Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Note Cards - Summer at the Lake



 What a magnificent view my husband's uncle had of Island Lake!  Though he was in his nineties, he loved living at the lake year round and at least once or twice each summer we packed up a picnic to share with Uncle Archie.  We enjoyed visiting and watching what was going on around the lake from such a beautiful vantage point.  Sadly he passed away last summer and his property has been sold to a family whose view includes their parent's house across the lake.  I'm sure they're enjoying being just a  boat ride or swim away from each other.  Please consider a visit to Vee's to see what summer themes have been chosen for this month's Note Card Party. Enjoy your summer days!






28 comments:

  1. What a picturesque place! Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a beautiful view. It's a pretty lake and I'm sure the new owners are enjoying it. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lake photos are so perfect for notecards! these are all so picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and peaceful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are beautiful my favorite is the one with the ducks in a row. Great note cards, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This are lovely views of Island Lake, Sheila. The water looks so cool and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful - so sad about your uncle - I know you'll miss him and going out to that gorgeous lake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty area. At least you have some nice memories of the lake and your uncle. Love the view thru the parting of the evergreens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, an era ends I see. Glad that you have these wonderful photos to remember that special place by. It's a beautiful lake and how nice to know that someone else's time there is just beginning. I'm sure that they will cherish it. It makes me want to read E.B. White's "Once More To the Lake" again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great photos of a beautiful setting. Looks like it was a wonderful life for your husband's uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up in the Interior and love lakes. We spent many summer holidays camping by lakes such as this one. Such beautiful images, evoking memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love visiting our extended family's cottage on a lake in Canada...the beautiful of the trees and lake...so beautiful!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful place to have family memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the last shot with clouds & all. i love making & recalling memories. would be a chance to share with others. (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful scenery no wonder old uncle lived a long time with these peaceful scenes to surround him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and comforting! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love water scenes. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Summer at the lake looks most appealing! So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A trip to the lake is just summer to me, thanks for taking us with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So restful and serene... I can almost hear the soundtrack playing softly in the background... Waht a wonderful place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sheila, These images are so welcoming and it makes me want to take a vacation!! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful place, so tranquil and serene. The ducks in a row made me smile.
    Bon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This post reminds me of just how much I also appreciate living near the shores of a lake.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely shots for sure! What a fun spot to spend time at...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I guess we are all dreaming of warmer weather!!!! Your summer shots at the lake are lovely. I'll pack my bags! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL, ducks in a row! Those are lovely lake scenes. Makes me wish that summer would hurry up and arrive!

    ReplyDelete