Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September Note Cards

Once again it's time for Vee's Note Card Party so here are my September choices.

 I accompanied my mother in law to a beautiful farm 10 days ago and enjoyed the beauty of the lovely gardens that had been created there. These note card photos were taken on that farm...what a lovely day for an outdoor brunch.  All the seniors who attended were delighted with their scooter rides through "Lasagna" gardens created by their very ambitious hostess.  Later she entertained them with a dog show and visits to the horse pasture.

  September is such a busy time on the farm and I am trying to get the garden in.  Everything has grown so well.  We've picked 8 pails of green tomatoes, 10 large squash, the last of the rhubarb, the onions and we still have the corn, carrots, beets and potatoes to bring in.  The swiss chard keeps on growing and so I keep picking it and freezing it in baggies.  The canola has been swathed and after a two week delay while the swather broke down and was repaired time and again the barley is being swathed.  The weather has been wonderful with only two nights of light frost.  It may be awhile til I see you again but I'll be back - I promise.  Take care and I hope you have time to stop by Vee's and see the lovely note cards this week!  Thanks for visiting - sunshine always!  Sheila

18 comments:

  1. (All's well with Mr. Linky. ☺)

    Oh I can imagine that seniors would love a day at the farm strolling along/riding along through "Lasagna Gardens." That's a cute name...must be an herb bed loaded with Italian type herbs.

    You guys sound so busy! Pretty soon, you'll wake up one day and realize it's all been accomplished. Then you can breathe a sigh of relief and do what you'd really like to do that day. At least, you're not going to be hungry this winter! Oh the delights you'll enjoy.

    Beautiful photos as always...what is it about water and reflections that we all love so well?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a link to LASAGNA GARDENING above - it's a wonderful method of building new flowerbeds out of layers - and the results I saw were amazing!

      Delete
  2. Wow, such a busy time for you. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life is a whirlwind of activity these days. I feel a tiny bit of the pressure of harvest myself - but nothing like you with your fields to bring in.

    Lovely photos of your bit of countryside. Truly, there is beauty everywhere.

    Is that a photo of your farm on your header?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lorrie - it's taken across the field so this photo shows the back of our house. We cleared the scrub trees and picked roots before the basement could be dug - then acted as sub contractors. It was successful but not a process I'd ever want to tackle again!

      Delete
  4. A busy time on the farm...I know! We are cutting the first of our corn this week...and will plant winter crops as the corn comes off. Enjoy your harvest season!

    Nice pic's...farm and country note cards at their finest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pics! I love the big green jug in the garden for interest:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, wow... such great views. i'm really loving the last shot. the horse. that made me giggle. ha. ha!! what great picks for the note cards party. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty photos! The garden looks beautiful. Love the yellow flowers and the horses are pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila, your note cards are beautiful, again! I especially like the horse photo -- it seems so alive! (well, they are aren't they?) I am always fascinated to read about your life on a farm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. farm life sounds tough but probably keeps you young. That was a nice outing for your MIL. I too love the light on the horses. All that fresh produce sounds wonderful. I have a pocket handkerchief size veggie patch but hope to get some beans, tomatoes, snow peas, lettuce and potatoes from it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty farm scenes! And shaggy horses always make me giggle. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures, and boy have you been busy. That is a lot of green tomatoes, I hope you have a plan for them! Take care, see you soon,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheila,

    Wow, what a beautiful set of notecards! I think your first photo is my favorite, but I also love horses too. This is such a fun party. Thank you for stopping to visit me. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your photos, but the horse with the long hair really caught my fancy, Sheila! Glad your harvest went well...happy autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous pics. Have a terrific fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These make lovely notecards, Shelia! And I love your Fall banner...the colors of Fall are the most beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete