Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Winter Inspiration

This winter has been so long...I won't bore you with the details except to say that October 19th when our world became "white" seems a whole lot longer than four months ago.  
We have been spoiled in recent years with milder winters but this year has made up for it.  
Needless to say we're counting the months til Spring arrives sometime in May.  
Last week the snow was brilliant in the sunshine so I'll share a few pictures with you.  
 The county grader has been clearing our driveway on a regular basis so we have snowbanks that are as tall as I am...(5ft 8)


 The path to our front door seems to be getting narrower with each snowfall ...it's always a relief to get it shovelled out. It's snowing again today - what else is new?  Well, our daughter is in India now as team leader for a group of university students and because I have access to her itinerary I've been doing some armchair travelling.  I know that she will be anxious to share all the photos she's taken on the photo safari they've been on today. I have been surfing through all the images of the places they will be seeing.  I know that the students and my daughter will return with much different perspectives after their travels and educational experiences in India.  Life on the farm seems so quiet by comparison.
Have a wonderful week wherever you are!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's a long time to live in Narnia where it's always winter and never Christmas. I don't know that I could stand it. This from the one who has been living in Narnia for one month less than you. =D Hope that those safari pictures prove very entertaining and take you away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila. We got home last night from Alberta where there was lots of snow, as you know, to lots of snow here in New Brunswick too. Three snow storms in 3 Sunday's and even though tomorrow is Wednesday, it's going to snow again! I'm really tired of it but today with the sun shining down and blue sky it looks pretty. Enjoy! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have even more snow than us, probably. Our snow didn't start piling up quite that early and some of it has already melted. But this weekend we got a big dump of it again.
    Here's to the hope of an early Spring for both of us!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of snow. At least you get beautiful sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wishing for at least one good snowfall this winter. We have had none and the likelihood diminishes every day. Your snow is so beautiful, white and crisp and clean. How it brightens the landscape.
    But I know how tiresome winter can be. We used to live in Prince George and February was always my most difficult month. Winter seems to drag on and on without end and I longed for colour and warmth. I wish I could send you some, but in the meantime, I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's so beautiful, but I understand how tiresome it becomes when it's ALWAYS there! We haven't had much of a winter this year, or last year. I live in the middle of the U.S. and in an area that doesn't really get a lot of snow, but usually a few inches here and there....My most depressing month is March. It seems to go on forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful, amazing snow! It's the real deal where you are, not the 24 hour kind here. (or less.) I'm sure your daughter is having some incredible experiences. And yes, will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete