Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Big Sky Country

One of the nicest things  about living in the country in northern Alberta is that the sky is always changing.  The clouds today are fluffy and white and it's a wonderful change from the overcast and dull skies that were overwhelming last week.  This summer is quiet but as the farmer improves little by little from his total hip replacement, it makes us want to plan a vacation.  But that will have to wait...and as the days go by I'm trying to do some sewing...making gifts for birthdays that are coming up in the fall.  Hope you are all enjoying the lazy hazy days of summer and the time spent with family and friends in the great outdoors.  Sunshine Always - Sheila


13 comments:

  1. I'm always looking up in the sky! You live in a beautiful place! I love your new banner, too...so fresh and sunny! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to read that your husband is doing well and thinking about a vacation. That's wonderful! Beautiful views you enjoy... We've had some strange summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to read that your husband's recovery is coming along. It must be hard for him to stay as quiet as he needs to be, having been so active. Next year!.....
    The Alberta sky is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that the Farmer is making a good recovery. Talking about vacations is a good sign! I'm out in your province this week and am loving the big skies I see. Such beauty in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear the farmer is getting better. Lovely skies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila. These are beautiful farm scenes. I always enjoy seeing fields and skies. I'm glad your farmer is coming along well. Take care. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big, beautiful skies. Hope the farmer has a speedy recovery and that you can get away for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful big skies in your part of the world. All the best to your farmer as he recovers. May that vacation be something that materializes for you!

    No lazy hazy days over here. The skies have been blue all month...and there has not been a dull moment, so it seems. But I love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love summer's fluffy white clouds?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your farmer is doing well after his operation, Sheila! Next summer will be so much more pleasant for you both and it will be worth it! Love your big sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sky photos are beautiful! I love seeing the sky go on forever, that is the best thing about living on the prairies, I'd say. I spend most of my days out at my son's house and he lives in the country, I never tire of looking at the sky when I'm there.
    Sounds like you're keeping busy.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos!
    Have a nice day! RW & SK

    ReplyDelete