Sunday, February 1, 2015

South of the Border...

Today I packed a carry on bag for a trip because we are heading south of the border 
to visit with friends who are officially snowbirds.  

The warm dry air, sunshine, desert landscapes 
and the vistas of the Grand Canyon 
seem to be calling us back.  
We are flying to Las Vegas 
and then renting a car for the rest of our vacation. 
Maps, picnics, and the open road are all part of the adventure.

After a visit with friends in Laughlin and a few days spent at the Grand Canyon, 
we will be driving to Mesa, Arizona to spend time with friends 
and to celebrate "Canada Day" with the Canadian snowbirds.   

I'll leave you with some photos taken last March at the Red Rock Canyon
which is very close to Las Vegas.

  
Hope the month of February is a good one for you...
Happy Valentine's Day to all my blogging friends 
- enjoy the sunshine wherever you are!

I am linking with Judith at Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday.
Thank you Judith for inviting us to Mosaic Monday.
I'm looking forward to seeing other bloggers wonderful collages. 

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your winter break, Sheila. Looks like you have some fun stuff planned. Soak up the sunshine - we surely enjoyed our short time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really lovely Sheila! I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip/vacation. Blessings.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful time, Sheila! It will be quite a shock to trade chilly Alberta for hot, dry Arizona. Soak up some sun for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful time away. The warm sunshine will feel so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous time away and enjoy all that lovely sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister lives in Mesa, AZ! It is beautiful there this time of the year. Enjoy your travels, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have you participate Sheila. Your trip sounds like it will be fun with lots to see...and no snow either.
    We're enjoying the R and R in Florida.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your trip! It sounds as if you folks will be as free as birds! Warm birds. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good idea to head for warmer weather, Keep safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful you can get out of the cold for a while. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete