Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dreams of Summer

I'm very excited today because with the help of my son, who is a computer systems analyst, I've finally figured out how to use Picasa to make mosaics.  For months I've been admiring all the amazing collages that so many bloggers have been doing but I've been stumbling and bumping around - taking ages to make a mosaic.  I think this will be so much fun and I can't wait to play with my pictures.  We're in the midst of another snowstorm so I'll be looking back on my flowers from last summer and dreaming of next summer.  Keep warm wherever you are!
Sweet dreams! 
Think about visiting some of the blogs you'll find at Mary's Dear Little Red House and you just may see some mosaics that make you smile!

19 comments:

  1. Your mosaic and flowers are beautiful! You did great! Picasa is very easy and fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Picasa to make all my mosaics, Sheila. It's very easy once you get the hang of it. If you ever have any questions about it don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to help the best that I can.
    I am also dreaming about spring and summer flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila
    I use Picasa sometimes and also PhotoScape which is free too.
    You did a great job with some colourful floral shots and will become addicted to making collages now.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Your mosaics are beautiful and cheerful. I didn't know one can make mosaics in Picasa; I will look into it too.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY colours. I think we're all looking forward to summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila. Thanks for posting on my blog :) It is funs seeing people respond! I was the same as you, admiring the mosaics on other sites, and then Lorrie from Fabric, Paper, Thread posted an easier tutorial on it,,,,and I was hooked too. Your photography is great!! Will look forward to seeing more of it. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember a winter with so much snow in many years....snow I like, the wind and cold not so much. It is -33 on my deck, not that I plan on using it any time soon. Your mosaic is lovely, I use Picasa all the time for my pictures, must try a mosaic....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you figured it out! Your flowers are so colorful and pretty, not like what's outside just now. But soon....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, Sheila! There'll be no stopping you now. Thanks for that riot of colour - and now I'm off to take a closer look at your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila,

    Great job. Picasa and Picnik work together now so soon you will using both. The pictures are wonderful. Summer will be here before we know it.

    Glad you stopped by and left a comment.

    Have a great week.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers ... dreaming of spring! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Prof. Higgins would say:
    " I think she's got it!"
    Lovely mosaics Sheila, and welcome to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to mosaic. They can be addictive. I love your look at summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful mosaics! So nice to see on this dull winter's morning. I must look into how to do the mosaics on my Picasa. I used to use Photoscape but is not available for Macs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sheila, you have done such a marvelous job! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful flowers with us -- I for one certainly need some reminders of what summer looks like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank goodness for our computer-knowledgeable offspring!

    Wonderful and beautiful mosaics! Your garden looks very like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky you have a son to help out with computer skills. I guess while it is so cold outside being in front of your computer is a good place to be. Similar with me but in my case it is too hot to go outside and do anything in the garden. Love your flower mosaic. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sheila! Thank you for the visit and comment on my blog today. I've used Big Huge Labs for my mosaics and have been happy with them with the exception of the lack of the overlay effect like you have above. I see you live in Alberta as well. In regards to your question regarding hydrangeas I would recommend, might I suggest Annabelle (large white ball shaped blossoms), Pink Diamond (panicles of white flowers which turn pink, then dusty rose as they mature), and Limelight (panicles of a light lime green which mature to pink). I have Endless Summer but have not been happy with it. I moved it this past fall. Hopefully that will enable it to bloom now that it's in full sun. Stay tuned to my blog to find out. By the way, I have some posts about hydrangeas that you may be interested in. Stop by The Gardening Life for more.

    We have sun today, finally. How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete