Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Blessings

 
These are the things that decorate my buffet hutch today.
Best wishes to you today for a day filled with sunshine and music,
good conversation and a bit of "the Irish"  whether it be in spirit or spirits.
I'm listening to "Lord of the Dance" now and the sun is shining through my windows.
I'm going to get a cup of coffee and reread my journal of a week in Ireland.
'Twas lovely indeed!

 "May your days be as bright as the lakes of Killarney.
Your spirits be high as the Blue Irish sky, 
May you walk in the path 
Where the shamrocks are growin'
And blessings to you 
For a wonderful day!"

"Irish Blessings book,
published by Greenwich House, New York, 1983"


10 comments:

  1. Lovely! May your day be filled with blessings, Sheila. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely post for all who are Irish or wanna be Irish.
    I don't know how you managed the sunshine, am happy for you but there is no green here only white and getting whiter....will it ever end?
    .....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not a lick of Irish in me, but my husband has a little, and there is, apparently, an Orr castle in the north somewhere. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Sheila. I love the Irish blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decorations! Happy St.Patric's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blessing. Hope you had a wonderful St.Patrick's Day, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your St Patrick's Day was a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet blessing! I'm a day late, but enjoying this nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mosaic of "the green". And a beautiful blessing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto to what everyone said. Belated St. Paddy day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its fun revisiting holiday journals. Hope you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete