Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One Year Already?

When I think back a year, I wonder how I actually discovered that it would be possible for me to create my own blog.  The only blog I'd happened upon linked me to my hometown of Victoria BC.
Each day I  checked Victoria Daily Photo and it's still a  favorite place to visit.
One day I stumbled upon Mary's Little Red House and seeing the beautiful mosaics on her blog made me want to make my own.  I followed her tutorial and slowly but surely learned about making mosaics and gradually about blogging.  It took a while but I was amazed that I could figure out things for the most part, by myself.  It was such a learning process - but a fascinating one at the same time.

Do you remember what it was like as a child to drive by houses at night?  I loved looking through the lit windows and seeing what the homes looked like inside.  I've always enjoyed the people I've met on airplanes and trains.  Everyone has a story and I really enjoy reading the blogs that tell a short story  whether in words or pictures. It's been a fascinating journey this past year meeting fellow bloggers from different corners of the world.
Thanks to all of you who have visited my blog over the past year! I really do appreciate all your comments and have enjoyed reading your stories and seeing your lovely photos and mosaics.    I promise to try to keep in touch and look forward to seeing and hearing about the people, things and experiences that matter most to you.  Thanks for your inspiring posts, your very kind comments and for your friendship.
 
Today I would like to suggest a link to quality, free online music to listen to as you spend time blogging. In 1927  CKUA became Canada's first public radio broadcast.  Since then it has offered quality music to the people of Alberta and in 1996 it's became globally available online."Over the past 8 decades, CKUA has had the privilege of offering music ranging from classical, jazz, and folk, to blues and world beat." Click here to listen to CKUA and then just click on "Listen Live" and minimize.

Sunshine Always - Sheila

12 comments:

  1. Dear Sheila, Congratulations on your first anniversary! Your photos and your mosaics are always a treat for the eyes, and I look forward to seeing many more! I had to laugh when you mentioned looking in windows at night -- I ALWAYS do that!

    Happy Blogiversary!
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sheila, on your first year of blogging. Your photos are always wonderful and I love the glimpses of life in a small northern Alberta community. And like you, and Mary, I love peering into other people's lives, too - with curiosity, not creepiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first year of blogging Sheila! I have enjoyed getting to know you and learning more about Alberta, Canada through your blog posts. I shall try the radio link and enjoy some music this snowy/rainy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sheila!
    Peaceful life on a farm is something I often dream about. Because of that I enjoy so much visiting your blog and reading about the place where you live and seeing all the beautiful pictures and photo mosaics.
    All the best to you on your blog anniversary day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Sheila! It has been a great pleasure reading and viewing your lovely photos. I must learn how to do those mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, congratulations on your first anniversary of blogging! And, thanks for your comment today. I should have said in that post where and when the pictures were taken. The first one was taken at Fort Edmonton Park, Alberta in 2009 and the second was at Kings Landing Historical Settlement in New Brunswick last summer. Sadly, we have no green grass here yet! It's either white with snow or dead and brown. ;-) I would love to learn how to do mosaics. I must check Mary's blog to see if she still has that post. Bye for now, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila,

    Thanks for stopping by. The tulips are silk and from Pottery Barn! I love the color.

    Congratulations on 1 year. I agree with your comments about blogging. I never thought I would have a blog and I am continually amazed and proud that I can figure out the different programs and make them work. I have met so many wonderful people and gotten so many wonderful ideas.

    I hope you have another wonderful year!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your first year of blogging. I am thoroughly enjoying the experience of making virtual friends around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your Anniversary!
    Has it really only been a year, I feel as if we've known each other a lot longer than that!
    Listening to CKUA as I write, I like it!
    Fleur cannot understand where the noise is coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrat's on your first year of blogging. Thanks for allowing us a sneak peek through your 'windows'! (I like that analogy!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on a year of blogging time flies by for me so quickly these days. I've enjoyed your blog and keep coming with your stories and photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mosaics, Sheila! It's amazing how short a year can seem when you blog. :))

    ReplyDelete