Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Day Before...

Today is the first day of Spring as it is everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere.  Yesterday I was visiting my daughter so I wasn't here to see the beautiful hoar frost.  My son decided to take some pictures to show me the morning I missed.  I've combined his pictures in a mosaic to share with you here. Today on the first day of spring it's gray, windy and still white but the frost has melted off the trees. I hope that you have a lovely first day of spring wherever you are.


I'm joining others who will no doubt celebrate the first day of Spring at Mary's Mosaic Monday
I'll look forward to seeing their spring flowers. With any luck a month from now we might be seeing a more colorful world...Last year I really felt like Spring was here on June 2nd!

20 comments:

  1. I am so tired of winter but these photos are breathtakingly beautiful....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous mosaic Sheila, I hope you see signs of spring soon. Have a wonderful week and take care. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful set of photos. It's clear that spring has a way to go yet in Alberta. Over here the sun has finally shown up, but it's still unseasonably cold.....you'd be shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wintry scenes and photos. We had a chilly day today but it was sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that is quite a scene. I've never seen Hoar frost in person. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hoar frost truly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're beautiful scenes, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful mosaic! I love the look of frost on the trees. But, like you, I am so happy to see the first day of Spring, now if it will only LOOK like Spring around here.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, my ... while all that white is beautiful ... i'm sure you will be glad to see spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. One can't deny it. I'm just so ready for a change. How about you? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had a nice day but I hear we may be getting your weather later in the week. V

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your mosaic, Sheila. I don't think I've ever seen a hoar frost in person..it makes the scenery look like a winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!!! What lovely pictures!!! The beauty in the scenery of lavish!!! Thank you for sharing! wishing you a grand week! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though I live in California, it doesn't feel like the first day of spring. The weather outside is cold and rainy, just like in winter. But there are some blooms in my garden and I know warm days will arrive very soon.
    The pictures in your photo mosaic are very pretty, but I think you are looking forward to warm days too. They will arrive!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mosiac is just beautiful.

    Just can't help reminding you that it's not the first day of spring everywhere in the world, we in the southern hemisphere are entering autumn! Rain, rain and more rain today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The snow and frost is beautiful, but not very spring-like. Soon, though, it will all melt and the green shoots will appear. Spring is taking her sweet time in coming this year. Even here on the Island everything is behind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning photographs, you live in a very beautiful part of our world.
    Gorgeous mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Having joined Mosaic Monday this week I am now enjoying blog hopping around the world admiring everyone else's beautiful photography and gaining inspiration. It cheers me when so much of the world around us is in turmoil for one reason or another.

    Your sons photos are beautiful but I am sure you have had more than enough of the cold weather by now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I doesn't look like spring. We are having another go at summer with high temps and humidity

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not your typical spring scene, but oh so lovely!!! :)

    ReplyDelete