
A few short weeks ago I told you about our good friend, Kerri, who was setting out on an incredible adventure. Yesterday Kerri reached her final destination on her Journey for Alzheimer's. She completed the 800 km Camino de Santiago across Northern Spain in just 20 days ! Originally she had hoped to raise $10,000 for the Alzheimer's Society of BC but she more than doubled her goal. Here's a link to her journal. Her story just shows what people can accomplish if they have a dream. Congratulations Kerri!
Yesterday, as on every September 15th, there were thousands of Coffee Breaks held across Canada to raise money for Alzheimer's. Here's a link to a daily Sudoko puzzle on the BC Alzheimer's Healthy Brain page. What do you do for your brain? I think blogging must be good for the brain...do you agree?
Congratulations to Kerri! That was a wonderful accomplishment for a very worthy cause.
ReplyDeleteI try to challenge myself, as much as possible, to try to learn new things. I think that sadly Alzheimer's has a genetic base and that mental exercises alone can't prevent it. Healthy living can certainly help in many other ways to prevent other forms of dementia, so it is worthwhile to physical exercise and eat well as well as keep our minds stimulated.
Congrats to your friend! What an amazing accomplishment. What do I do for my brain? Eat fish, solve sudokus, and read. Blogging often fries my brain. ☺
ReplyDeleteOh, what an adventure and for such an honorable cause. Congratulations to Kerri on achieving her goal!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your friend on her amazing endeavour. Yes I think blogging helps keep my brain active, especially my Book Review blog.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story. Thanks,
ReplyDeleteKerri deserves the heartiest of congratulations! I hope that I'm active enough in lots of ways to keep my brain from going mushy. I think a zest for life, which most bloggers display, is something that will help, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm currently in your beautiful province - visiting family. Today we drove past fields of wheat and canola, and I thought of your farm, wondering just what it is that you grow.
I'll be home later this week and hope to put up a blog post.
Lorrie
That's awesome! Way to go Kerri!!
ReplyDelete