Sunday, September 25, 2011
Looking Back at Summer...
Before the invasion of the grasshoppers this year, we did have some lovely flowers and so I thought I'd just share a few summer lovelies with you tonight. Those were the days of summer... I may have shared this collage before but every year my perennials look much the same...I'm looking forward to seeing such brilliant colours again next year.
Have a wonderful week wherever you are and enjoy the lovely days of autumn!
I'm linking with Mary's Little Red House again tonight. It's Sunday - which means it's time for connecting with others at Mary's Mosaic Monday - a great place to see what's happening around the world...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The grasshoppers come and go, and the flowers of summer come back as brilliant as ever - quite miraculously!
ReplyDeleteWonderful retrospective!
ReplyDeleteAloha from Waikiki;
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >
><}}(°>
I noticed an extraordianry amount of grasshoppers this year too.
ReplyDeleteNice to look back at your summer blooms.
Judith
What a lovely feast of summer colour! I do love a colourful garden! :)
ReplyDeleteA beautiful look back! Very pretty shots.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mosaic...love the colors of the flowers. I really didn't notice the grasshoppers...that will teach me to pay better attention.
ReplyDeleteWe had lots of grasshoppers here as well, they ate the leaves of my iris. Your garden still looks nice even with all the grasshoppers.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, 'twas a lovely summer. (My potted annuals are still doing well having safely skated past the freeze warnings into some weird warm weather muggy and hot. The only thing still blooming in the perennial garden is the mallow.)
ReplyDeleteDo you plant autumn posies? Sedum? Mums? Asters? I'm going to plant some next spring I hope.
I'm so glad you have these photos to remember your beautiful summer flowers. They are so cheerful.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos!
ReplyDeleteI still don't want it to end!
Smiles~
Cat
Such a beautiful array of flowers were in your garden and now in your mosaic, Sheila. Summer passes too quickly!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to remember the way things were in the summer: it's like getting a little dose of sunshine. We have not had the best of summers, here in the North, so, your beautiful mosaic has really warmed me this chilly September day.
ReplyDeleteAnna
I miss summer already. Your flowers are so pretty. And the mosaic is colorful and gorgeous. Great photo, have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful look back at the lovely blooms in your garden. Love the lily!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to see the before shots of your beautiful flowers, the grasshoppers really ruined your garden didn't they.
ReplyDeleteAt this time of year it is nice to have a look back, thak you.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are all lovely! What a variety of colors you had! Happy Monday, my friend! ♥
ReplyDeleteGorgeous flowers!
ReplyDeleteA lovely look back at the blooms of summer!
ReplyDeleteGlorious mosaic of your garden flowers. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my "Skywatch – September Full Moon" photos, it was truly a beautiful display by Mother Nature.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if there is a season we contemplate the end of with such nostalgia as we do summer? Certainly, we don't feel the same about the end of winter here!
ReplyDeleteI just read your post about farming and the grasshoppers. We rarely see them here but on a few occasions we had them enter the front door to take up a place on the living room drapes. That has never happened before. I wouldn't be so surprised if we had had a dry summer, like those we experienced in southern Alberta, but it was just the opposite and we saw more of them this year than in the previous ten. I hope your perennials will recover.
It is certainly nice to view your beautiful flowers after such a short season of them in the garden this year. You have arranged them nicely in your collage.
ReplyDelete