Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fantastic Day!

Morning Sunrise
Today was a special day because the temperature here was +8 and the light in both the morning and evening was wonderful! This winter has been unusual... with so many warm days and very little snow.  It's actually unbelievable that there are wildfire warnings for much of Alberta at this time of year.  Hope the sun shone for you today!
Evening Sunset
Have a wonderful week!
For the first time I'm linking to Sunlit Sunday here
I'm linking to Mary's Mosaic Monday again this week. Take a peek here...

17 comments:

  1. I've been following the reports from around Lethbridge and Taber - too awful! I hope that you all stay safe where you are.
    Those sunsets - gorgeous! There's just nothing at all like an Alberta sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if the in-between was as good as the start and finish, you must have had a sensational day!!

    Greetings from downunder in OZ!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did briefly yesterday, but a milky sun. Gorgeous sunrise and sunsets! It has been rather mild here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos! I hope you get some snow soon...it's certainly cold enough! Enjoy your week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila,
    Just gorgeous photographs. We had a beautiful sunrise here the other day and camera was in my other purse. Hope you are safe from wildfires!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos in your mosaics, Sheila. Winter has been unusually mild all across Canada. A low is coming in this week, we should see temperatures falling to below normal. Freaky weather.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning skies, Sheila. What a beautiful part of the country you live in. I'm so glad you are enjoying a mild winter. It's very unusual, isn't it?

    By the way, clicking on your link on the Mosaic Monday linky site takes one somewhere else. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos of sunrise and sunset. Just simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila, the sunrise and sunset shots are incredible! Thank you so much for sharing them with my first "Sunlit Sunday". I really appreciate it. It looks like I need to get up earlier in the morning and find someplace with a view, or move out west again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness girl these are some breathtakingly beautiful sky shots!!! What a talent you are!

    God bless and have an awesome day, thanks for sharin' sweeite!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scrumptious skies! The morning sky looked almost like rolling waves. The evening's was much calmer. Crazy weather everywhere it sounds like. I'm sure that you don't mind the warmer temps, though the wildfires sound concerning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! I love watching the sky morning and evening. That is very surprising to hear of wildfires in Alberta in January! The weather is really quite wierd this winter. We do have a trace of snow on the ground in the countryside around us and much more in the northern parts of the province, but not the normal amounts. What will summer be like?? Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. You covered it all - sunrise to sunset. Thanks for your nice comments on Porch Days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our winter has been mild and yesterday was just a beautiful sunny afternoon, I loved it although our parking lot still is covered in ice. Not complaining though, love the warm weather. Beautful photos my friend....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. What amazing photos and a super blog too....I am so pleased to have discovered you and your wonderful words and images!
    Karen @ Lavender and Lovage

    ReplyDelete