I've found it hard to be inspired this month but after looking at what surrounds me,
this morning I find that I am inspired.
I've decided that I will continue writing in this
Guided Inspirational Journal
that I have had for about ten years.
I filled out three whole pages in 2002
and two more in 2004.
It's been lined up nicely on my bookshelf ever since.
Maybe with it facing outwards
off to the side of my laptop
I'll be inspired to write in the morning light.

Speaking of inspiration, my daughter and I have season tickets for the opera again
and this year decided to move up to the second balcony. Our view was much the same as from the first balcony last year and the cost is so reasonable.
We'd seen a very traditional presentation of The Mikado in Campbell River years ago
when the costumes had been rented as a package. I'd loved seeing the beautiful kimonos and headpieces so was a little disappointed to hear that this opera was going to be The Mikado with a modern twist.
We loved it though and the costumes and hairstyles were so creative.
Dressing up for the occasion is part of the fun and going with my grown up daughter is another.
I want to share the card she gave me -
it's always propped up in her bedroom which is now my creative space...
I found this in the Mikado Program and thought I'd send
this inspirational quote along to you this morning.
Keep smiling - sunshine always!




What a sweet daughter - I love that card. And the last inspiration quote. I'm pondering how to entertain my creative side.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to get dressed up and go to the opera. It's nice to have those things to look forward to.
I hope the winter isn't getting you down - it's been very mild here. I'd love it if you would purchase our Parksville house for an oceanside retreat. The beach nearby is just the best. That's about the only thing I'm missing.
What a beautiful sentiment from your daughter! I'd frame it, if it were mine. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI've not been to an opera in forever. Glad that you had such a fun evening.
Keep writing!
Costumes aside, have a wonderful time at the opera with your daughter. The card she gave you is fantastic, Sheila!
ReplyDelete-Karen
Costumes aside, have a wonderful time at the opera with your daughter. The card she gave you is fantastic, Sheila!
ReplyDelete-Karen
I like the card, nice sentiment from your daughter. Have fun at the opera.
ReplyDeleteI'd treasure that card too!
ReplyDeleteI had to smile at your guided journal. I have one too, that I started many years ago on retreat. I'f I'd written a page a week, I'd have filled it long, long ago!
I hope you have a good time at the family wedding, and at the Opera. Such a treat for you and your daughter! Tomorrow I'm taking mine to the Victoria Tea Festival. We are so lucky, each of us, to have a daughter.
What a precious card from you daughter! That would be so much fun to attend with one of your 'kids'! ♥ I have four sons! ♥
ReplyDeleteOh Sheila.....I love the sweet sentiment on the card from your daughter. Getting dressed up and going to the Opera sounds heavenly......enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
That card is a great momento, what a lovely message. The opera sounds wonderful and you are right dressing up makes it more of an event.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a lovely opera season with your daughter. I'd treasure that card, too - and I'd smile every time I saw it. I tell myself we who have wonderful relationships with our daughters are truly blessed.
ReplyDeleteHow nice that you and your daughter are so close! Enjoy the opera and the choosing of outfits for the event! :) Spring is just around the corner!
ReplyDeleteThe Mikado has long been a favourite Gilbert and Sullivan opera since I was in a performance at school. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the Mikado. That card from your daughter is great.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you and your daughter enjoy the opera together. As I was cooking for our impromptu dinner party tonight and called my daughter up from downstairs, she said living with me is exhausting. Sometimes us old folks can run circles around the young ones! She did load the dishwasher and wash the pots while I put away the leftovers for another day.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely that you and your daughter are such great friends. I love the card, it says it all, doesn't it. Daughters are a blessing straight from Heaven, I have three and am so glad.
ReplyDeleteI've never been to the opera, but I love the Symphony, that is my expensive love.
Hugs, cindy
Hi Sheila
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I did not subscribe to the opera this year as we knew we'd be busy with plans for our daughter's wedding. We missed it, and will be looking forward to going again in the new season in autumn. The card your daughter made for you is wonderful! I've always loved the saying "Always my daughter, and now my friend," as it is so true!
Replying to your comment on Porch Days. You do a wonderful job with your camera and I'm certain you could learn to make montages like I am doing. I taught myself. If you want to buy software to learn how, I suggest Adobe PhotoShop Elements and a book that explains how to use it. There are many tutorials online.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness girl, you raised a great daughter there.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun to have 'girl' time with your grown up girl??? I know I do with mine!
God bless ya and have yourself a beautiful day sweetie!!!