Friday, February 10, 2012

Catching Up

Hello Again - My photo organizing project is coming along but although our immediate family pictures are  now in PVC free albums I need to write down the dates and details.  That will take some time but I work on it one album at a time this spring.

My photos were actually in good shape until our son was born and then my picture problems started.  He was so darling, so sweet and I wanted to share each first big occasion with his grandparents because each set lived hundreds of miles away in opposite directions.  I always got double prints and after dividing them up, I mailed them away.
By the time our son celebrated his first birthday we had 3 or 4 albums...you know how the story continues from here - when our daughter was born the decision was made that she should have her own albums as keepsakes and the problem redoubled.  Now that I've acquired many of the pictures sent away to grandparents I needed to streamline and combine and delete all the photos ruined by the sticky albums...but by making this project a top priority I accomplished what I set out to do so I'm ready to tackle another.
Now I hope to take some time to catch up on what's been happening in your corner of the world.  Have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Those photos are to be cherished aren't they? I have some in those old sticky albums too. It's hard to take them out without damaging them. I've been scanning old photos into the computer lately. That's a job too! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed by your dedication to this project. And what good progress you've made. I'm glad to see you post again to let us know. Good luck with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a project you've set for yourself! I would love to get around to doing the very same thing - and I have my MIL's old albums as well as my maiden aunt's....someday! I love the photos of your children and the one of you (?) at the table with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's me - and strangely enough , as of 2 days ago, my hair is the same colour as it was then! Just call me "Anne with an E" please!

      Delete
  4. Good for you for taking care of your pictures! With four children and a camera-happy mom, you can imagine how many photo I have. It is on my To-Do-List.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a good idea and something I keep promising myself to do too. Good luck with the rest of the project. I'm also sure it's very enjoyable to revisit your family history.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila,
    I am doing some of the same. Not just pictures but papers as well. I am scanning the ones I want and then passing on many of the pictures to one of my sons. It is a big job. I have a portable scanner so that the pictures that are in the sticky albums don't need to be removed. Got it at Amazon.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Carol! That's a great idea. Hopefully the pictures and documents will be treasured for generations to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so in love with pictures and the wonderful memories they hold. I've been scanning our pictures to the computer, but I have long way to go before being finished.
    Next project, I need to do what you're doing....that's a bit overwhelming.
    Sounds like you're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you made up an album for each of them and kept their grandparents updated on them. That's so important when the miles separate you from them.
    Your children were so sweet and CUTE!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great job done, Sheila. I avoided my photo bin for years! One day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite the accomplishment. Been wondering what you have been up to. Good to see you back posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good work, maybe it will inspire us to get a bit better organized too?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speaking from experience I know this is a very time consuming project that you are undertaking. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sheila,
    Thanks for the compliment on the header. Someone posted a link to CloverLane and there is a a wonderful tutorial on how to make a blog header on Picasa. I printed it out. Try Google and if you cannot find it let me know!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete