Vee at "AHaven For Vee" is hosting a "Note Card Party" and I'd love to join in. When I came back from Europe in 2004, I had so many beautiful pictures and I decided to use them to make note cards.
For a few years, I sold my cards in several places including a tea house, a florist's, a gift store
and an antique store. It was a perfect hobby and once or twice I took my cards to craft fairs.
These days I have a small trunk that holds my note cards and once in awhile I package up 5 or 6 and send them away. I never have to drive to the store to choose a birthday, get well or sympathy card so they come in very handy. Here are my four notecards...
oh, i can see why you pick these 4 photos. what gorgeous views. not sure i can pick a favorite. a great set. i love how so many are picking different photos from their blog for the note card link up party. so cool. happy to find you. take care. (:
ReplyDeleteJust see what your note cards started! As you know, receiving your note cards caused me to wonder...
ReplyDeleteThese are just wonderful. I love how you frame a view as you did in the second photo. I'm ashamed to say that I do not recognize the name Frances Mayes and will have to Google. I'll be embarrassed and wish that I hadn't mentioned it.
Thanks for participating. It really wouldn't have been the same without you!
What a success your party has been already VeeI I need to get busy soon but have enjoyed seeing the choices the others have made. Does the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" ring a bell? Frances Mayes wrote a series of books after moving to Cortona from the US. Although we didn't walk down to her home, my daughter has been by it before and was pretty sure this is her much lovingly restored home, Bramasole. We were hiking to Santa Margherita that day and it was too hot to detour. You will enjoy her books if you haven't yet read them.
DeleteI love the photo of Bramasole!!! I've read Frances Mayes' first book, Under the Tuscan Sun and own the movie. It is one I watch and re-watch. I've purchased two more of Mayes' books but haven't had the opportunity to read them yet! How cool that you were able to get a photo of her home. What an incredible adventure you and your daughter enjoyed together!
ReplyDeleteAwesome notecards, Sheila!!! Have a terrific week and Happy Spring!!! It is gorgeous here today. Plus 6 Celsius but no wind, sunny skies dotted with cumulous clouds. We may get snow again this weekend here in Edmonton, but until then I am embracing spring! :)
Hi Sheila,
ReplyDeleteThese are lovely photos of Cortona, Italy! What a great trip that must have been.
Actually, the St. Pat's Day Blog Crawl button was for Cuisine Kathleen's Blog Crawl. She does one every year for St. Patrick's Day. I notice you have some gorgeous pictures of Ireland on your blog. It's such a beautiful country.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my "Fences" post and I hope you have a great day!
Denise at Forest Manor
Lovely photos.... makes me want to go and visit there!
ReplyDeleteThis notecard party has been soooo much fun. It's been a treat to meet you and visit your blog.
Wishing you many more glimpses of heaven in unexpected places.............
I love your photos,I hope to go back for another visit to Italy. This place looks so peaceful and beautiful. xo
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. It has been fun to see the variety of themes at this party!
ReplyDeleteThis would make a *lovely* note card set. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite because I like them all...But I think I was especially drawn to the first one. :o)
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful, and it looks like a wonderful trip you had! All would be beautiful on note cards. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSue
Such beautiful scenes, reminds me of time spent there. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThey make me want to go to Italy! How beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteThose are gorgeous! I'm ready to pack my bags now!
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful scenes Sheila. I love your new header photo collage too. Pamela
ReplyDeletesheila!!
ReplyDeletewhat perfect choices!!
Loved them all!!
sweet memories!!
hugs..
Loui
please turn off the word verification so people will vote!!
These are just beautiful! The third card is my favorite, what a wonderful place to visit. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOh my! You know it's my dream to travel to Italy! I would love to see these places in person and have a set of notecards to remember the trip! ♥
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhh...that Francis Mayes...Under the Tuscan Sun Francis Mayes. Don't mind me, I just crawled out from under a rock.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Perfectly shot and how lovely they would be as note cards...so cheerful and romantic!
ReplyDeleteSandi
Those are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThank you for that wonderful first-hand view of the place in which I've been spending all my imaginary life this week!
ReplyDeleteYou chose the perfect images for your Italian note cards, I'm sure they'll be a big seller!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pics! That's not Philly is it???:@)
ReplyDeleteI am sure you are not surprised that I love your notelets.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the view of Bramasole. I was hoping the movie would showcase the house and the food, but I was sorely disappointed.
ReplyDeleteI love the last one best. I would love to know how to make them.
ReplyDeleteHi Diane - I'd written about my cards before so if you'd like to read my story click here.
Deletehttp://wellingtonmuse.blogspot.ca/2011/01/pathways.html
I buy blank cards get my favorite prints made and use a glue stick. on the back i use a stamp with an ink pad and sign my name - very repetitive work but I like it.
What a beautiful assortment of photos from Cortona, Sheila. I especially enjoyed seeing the Maye's Bramasole house! Their setting is much more lush than I would have imagined.
ReplyDelete