Wednesday, April 18, 2012

An April Sunset


This month has been one of melting and snowing -with warm weather through the week and then a snowstorm just as the weekend starts.  The days have been warmer and longer.
These pictures of sunset were simply enhanced and cropped in I Photo but they were unique in that the fog had rolled in just as the sun was setting.  The fields are bare once again and hopefully with the warmer weather that's predicted we won't see snow for another 5 or 6 months.  But that being said, the prediction is for overnight flurries...I'm crossing my fingers that the forecast is wrong and that we will catch up with the rest of Canada.  We're ready for Spring to arrive in all it's glory!
What's it like in your corner of the world?
 

The early morning sunrises seen from our east window often put a smile on my face.
I hadn't realized it was time for Vee's Notecard Party but I'm glad I discovered it tonight. 
Take a peek at all the lovely sets of note cards at A Haven For Vee.  
Think I'll call my note cards "Sunrise-Sunsets"

Sunshine Always...Sheila

19 comments:

  1. Up and down and back and forth. The leaves are about the size of mouse ears. =D The lilacs and azaleas are in full bud. The daffodils are past. I hope that you have a wonderful spring. It's no fun to be left behind in the weather department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fog. I'm glad spring is slowly making her presence known for you.
    I think you probably know what's happening here weather wise. It's certainly pretty! But when your lilacs bloom - oh, the prairie will be so fragrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! It's Spring time with flowers blooming and pollen...ahhhchoo! Enjoy your day, my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the early morning sunrises picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunrise, Sunset...just like the song!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, especially with that fog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your surise/sunset photographs. Gorgeous. Perfect for Vee's Note Card Party! Nothing like the color you get from the sun...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sunrises are lovely and the misty morning shot is ethereal. I've been trying to capture the stars at night but you're photos are inspiring me to try some early morning shots, I mean, I'm already up before the sun anyway! Lovely photos.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelia, great photos. The one with lots of fog is eerie. It is warm in Connecticut! I visited a friend's garden today and everything was blooming. She lives 3 miles from me but seems to be two weeks ahead in the season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what gorgeous views. perfect for note cards. they would be just lovely. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Alberta sun - there is nothing like it in the whole wide world.
    I hope that you are finished with snow in your part of the world. Over here it's raining (surprise!?!) again and it's cold. The cherry blossoms came and went before we could appreciate them - wind and rain played havoc with them - so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sunrise and sunsets are gorgeous! I love seeing them on the prairies, the prairies just show them off so nicely. I hope you are finished with the snow, too! Our weather has been typical April. Nice and sunny then a bit of rain and nice and sunny again with cold temps., back and forth, back and forth. Everything is budding, though, and this is exciting.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shots are gorgeous. I really like the misty foggy one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sheila
    I know that euphoric feeling when it finally is possible to walk on the ground instead of slipping on ice and what a bonus to begin and end the days with such spectacular skies. Enjoy the spring.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheila, these shots would make gorgeous notecards!
    It's still raining here on the Amalfi coast, and I think it will be for the rest of our vacation!
    Glad that your snow is finally gone, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You alwasy post the most lovely sunrises and sunsets, Sheila. I love your wide open view! I hope your weather warms up soon. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shots - each of them! No way I could pick a favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete