Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello  - What's new? I just clicked on Post and found the brand new format so here goes.  I wonder how this process has changed?  We're waiting for Spring to arrive here on the farm...boring I know - you've heard me drone on before but last weekend I did have a mini break in the big city which included a lovely bridal shower.  It was a traditional English tea party with many of the guests wearing lovely fascinators, gloves and pearls or estate jewellery.  The next day involved a trip to Ikea, more shopping and a wonderful pub supper on the nicest night of the year.  It was just so great to see happy people wandering along in the warm almost summery air.  The next day was spent shopping - (why? because there are no stores in our little town unless you count drug stores and hardware stores...) and eating at a traditional Italian pizza restaurant.  My daughter is involved in a production so my niece was happy to accompany me to the opera instead.  All in all it was a wonderful three day break.  I didn't take any pictures so decided to show you a favourite collage today.   We are in the midst of changing monitors and installing new hard drives and doing all sorts of related computer work so if I don't post for awhile I will see you sometime in May.  Have a wonderful week wherever you are!

9 comments:

  1. You really filled your few days with activity, didn't you. I can remember living in a small town and whenever I got to a city that had something besides a CO-OP I was eager to check it out.
    Enjoy your break and I hope your nice weather holds.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break and hope the weather holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to see a post pop up from you, Sheila. Sounds like you are keeping busy with a wide variety of things. I hope spring comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember, from our years in Cold Lake, how special a weekend in the city was. It sounds like you wrung every ounce of pleasure and activity from your time away - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trip to Oslo always feels like visiting the big city for me and I love to do the sort of things that you have been doing. So, I am sure you have had a good time away. Perhaps, like me, it was good to get home again.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with the computer updates and sailing through the new interface. Sounds as if you enjoyed a wonderful time away. Nothing like a change for a good rest from the same old same old. See you in May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great weekend, hope the computer change goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 3 day break sounds perfect, a little culture, a little retail therapy and fine dining!
    Just what us country mice dream of from time to time, n'est pas?
    bon weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable mini vacation, Sheila. I hope spring arrives there soon! I have been busy with last minute details for my daughter's wedding...it's getting very close and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete