Friday, June 8, 2012

Cortona Through My Eyes

A year ago today my daughter and I set off from Rome to spend two weeks in the town she had experienced 5 years before while studying there. As I told you a couple of posts ago, I plan to share some photos with you.  I tend to be wordy so intend just to post some pictures because you all know the old saying..."A picture's worth a thousand words..."  These are my memories - hope you enjoy them too!










Via Natzionale is the only flat street in Cortona - in the early mornings it's used by vehicles to deliver produce, flowers and food to the restaurants but it becomes a place to walk about and relax at bistros, bars and bakeries throughout the day and evening.  La dolce vita!




13 comments:

  1. I soooooo wanted to walk through the door of that little bakery. What a gorgeous place you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila it looks wonderful! I like that street scene. I imagine there was some delicious food at those bistros. Have a great weekend. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a dual purpose street, so sensible. And I know I'd love to walk and relax there, too. Not to mention sit and eat! Your header photo is truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place to visit, Sheila, the photos are fabulous. Are you enjoying reliving it through seeing the photos again? Sometimes I find it hard to go through old photos, I long for those times again so deeply.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a quaint area you visited. I can imagine the food and wine being really good there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful old town. The texture in the buildings is lovely. You are lucky to have these memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness where did that year go! You certainly have some lovely memories, I am also delighted you enjoyed browsing my album of Castiglione del Lago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cortona looks like the quintessential Italian town, Sheila. I love its relaxed atmosphere and the pretty views!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila,
    I love your pictures you shared today. There is just something about Italy and the light and the architecture that make photography delightful.

    Now that we are almost settled and I hope the internet issue is solved, I hope to do more blogging!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I certainly do enjoy all these photos of Italy! Such marvellous architecture, landscapes and vistas.

    In response, I hadn't heard about Camrose's snow and flooding. One just never knows when in comes to weather in Alberta, do they. I heard Banff had some snow too. The forecast for Edmonton for the coming week holds a lot of showery days with only one sunny day to break it up, that being Tuesday. Temperatures will be nice though. How's it in southern Alberta?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to remember your trip. I love those tiled roofs and had to take a closer look. I'm sure that the hills beyond were lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm enjoying your photos of Italy. You captured such unusual details. Oh, how I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete